Product Type: ELC Fancy Dress
Newest Review: ... the cake sells for £8 which I think is a decent price for the toy. The cake is basically a plastic circle made to look like a cake, t... more
Now You Can Have Guilt Free Cake Every Day!!
ELC Cut & Play Cake
Member Name: tulip123
ELC Cut & Play Cake
Advantages: can have a birthday every day, fun to use, easy to cut
Disadvantages: candles, thin plastic
I purchased the Early Learning Centre Cut and Play Birthday Cake for my daughter when she was 3. We already had the cut and play vegetables, sandwiches and ice cream sets and had been very impressed with them.
The cake is made of plastic and comes in 4 quarters which are held together with velcro. The cake is yellow with white icing and then has alterntating pink and orange swirls of icing on the top. It comes with four candles - two blue and two green and a Happy Birthday cake topper which fits in the middle. It also come with a plastic knife so that you can cut the cake into pieces.
The candles have pretend flames that you are supposed to be able to blow out. They are quite tricky to get the flames to stay up and this is my main criticism of the cake. In the end my girls don't really bother with the flames as they always needed an adult to get them to stand up properly.
The cake is obviously made of hollow plastic and is not as good quality as some of the other plastic items we have from ELC. The slices of cake have been dropped on my wood floor and we do now have holes in the corners.
The cake costs around £8 and is a good toy that will be played with a lot. Children loving coming round and pretending to play Birthday's or even just having a pretend picnin with the teaset and cake.
I have girls and I would say that the colours of the cake are definately quite girly. I nhave noticed that this one has recently been replaced by Early Learning Centre and the new one is even more girly!
Summary: Good Fun Role Play Toy
More reviews in the field of Fancy Dress
- Don't waste your money
- One of the best children's kitchens on the market!
- A cute costume for dressing up
- You're never too young to start a shoe collection
- Reach for the skies, howdy pardner
- Not the best quality, but good overall pauper look
- A girl can never have too many shoes, right?
- Yey-hey no way!
- Glitzy Girl
- Never too young to learn to shop!
- Wicked Costumes Tinkerbell Neverland Fairy Girls
- Adventure Time Finn Sword
- Toys of Wood Oxford Fireman Costume
- Toys of Wood Oxford Spiderman Costume
- Toys of Wood Oxford Pirate Costume
- Smiffys Metal Handcuffs with Keys
- Fisher Price Medical Kit
- Learning Resources Pretend and Play Explorer Set
- Character Options Sarah Jane Adventures Sonic Lipstick Gift Set
- Peppa Pig Coin Purse