Product Type: ELC Fancy Dress
Newest Review: ... take being handled roughly by boisterous children, or thrown around. However the plastic inner band actually came out from ours fairly ear... more
A lot of fun
ELC Fire Fighters Helmet
Member Name: firasha
ELC Fire Fighters Helmet
Date: 15/03/12, updated on 19/03/12 (13 review reads)
Advantages: Helps imagination and creativity, strong and good value
Disadvantages: The inner peice came out (not a huge problem)
My 2 and 3 year old boys both enjoy this hat, but especially the 2 year old. I got it just as a cheap extra little present to add to his birthday things (2nd birthday) but he really took a liking to it and seems to play with it every day or nearly every day.
It is quite a strong sturdy hat and can take being handled roughly by boisterous children, or thrown around. However the plastic inner band actually came out from ours fairly early on (after maybe 6 weeks) due to the boys kept fiddling around with it and it came out, and would not seem to go back so we have discarded it. Now it is a bit big for them but they still really enjoy it so does not seem to matter too much.
I found the hat to be a great start to dressing up items, and would definitely recommend it for younger children, who may not be able to get themselves dressed and undressed into whole costumes independently but can easily put a hat onto their head to get into character. My boys also like to put things into it such as small trains or matchbox cars, and carry them round the house in the hat, so it is multipurpose for them. They also find it hilarious to put the hat onto other people's heads, like my head or each others. I've found it sparks their imagination, as it is a simple toy that does not "do" anything, but just helps as a prop for them to get a bit more creative. It's lovely to see when they start doing imaginative play, so I would recommend for any young boys (or girls too if they like!)
Summary: Worth having
More reviews in the field of Fancy Dress
- If only my kids could really cook for me
- Dress - sorted. Long magical hair - still working on it!
- So glad I finally found what I was looking for
- Disney Princess Kitchen
- A happy shopper essential
- There's Nothing Scary About These
- Birthdays everyday!
- Scary vampire stands no chance against the butterfly fairy!
- Yee haw
- Jake and the Never Land Pirates Talking Sword
- Snazaroo Temporary Girl Tattoos
- Rubies Gold Power Ranger Samurai
- Marvel The Avengers Heroes Mask Thor
- Chad Valley Glamour Play Shoes
- Born To Play Disney Princess Vanity Table
- Witch Costume - Medium
- Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch Costume
- Wizard of Oz Glinda Costume
- Decorated Felt Easter Basket