Product Type: Argos Fancy Dress
Newest Review: ... size I didn't have in the house. So after a quick rush to the shops and a fiddle with a screwdrive we were good to go. You firstly insert... more
A rather expensive heap of junk
High School Musical Tattoo Center
Member Name: Rockmaiden
High School Musical Tattoo Center
Disadvantages: The product was poorly made and did not work as stated
My daughter was bought this for christmas. Now I have to admit I wasn't impressed when I saw what it was as my daughter is 6 years old and I don't think a tattoo center is a very appropriate gift but she had recieved it and so I let her play with it.
When she opened it up we found a little box that opened either side to reveal a tattoo gun, 5 coloured pens and 50 stencils.
You have to insert 3 size C batteries which was a pain straight away because it was the one size I didn't have in the house. So after a quick rush to the shops and a fiddle with a screwdrive we were good to go.
You firstly insert the coloured pen of your choice into the airspray gun and stick the tattoo stencil onto your skin. Then simply press a button and it sprays the ink on your skin.
Sounds simple dosn't it?? Well try as we might we could not get the gun to spray ink. It was spraying air all over the place but not one drop of ink came out. We took out and put in the pen at least 10 times and nothing made any difference. After trying all 5 pens with no luck we decided it must be that the batteries are not strong enough so off back to the shop it was.
After inserting rather expensive Duracell batteries it was still the same, no tattoo was appearing any where. I tried the pens on a piece of paper and they all worked fine they just wouldn't spray.
By this point my daughter was getting frustrated and fed up so I got a pen and drew a little design on her arm to keep her happy.
Needless to say I contacted the person who bought the gift and we returned it to the store. I was offered a replacement as they said it must of been faulty but as I thought it was a little too old for my daughter anyway we got a gift vocher and she later chose something else.
If that's not bad enough whilst telling a friend how awful this product was she told me that she had the exact same problem and went through 3 replacements before finally giving up!!
The one good thing that I can say about it was that the ink (where I had drawn) washed off her skin no problem and that she was very happy with the doll she chose instead.
Summary: I was very dissapointed with the poor quality of this product and would say steer clear.
More reviews in the field of Fancy Dress
- "Can we fix it?" "Yes we can, even if it's a broken leg!"
- Children's Postman Pat Crockery
- Go on..... shake your pom poms!
- Fantastic style tool for all little girls.
- Gordon Ramsay watch out, Littlest HonestBob is on your tail...
- very bad quality, waste of money
- Great toy for any fireman fan
- Pretty as a Princess
- The Land of Ooo needs you!
- Disappointing costume for the price
- Snazaroo Circus Clown Theme Pack
- Little Tikes Double Up Kitchen & Laundry Centre
- Fancy Dress Childrens Astronaut Costume
- Cath Kidston Kids Clasp Purse
- Silly Billyz Sillybillyz Bib with Sleeves 12 - 36 Months
- Little-miss-naughty-pants Ladies Sailor Fancy Dress Outfit
- Rubies Es - 5 6 Small
- Smiffy's - 7-9 years/ Medium
- Forever Young Premium Quality Burlesque Moulin Rouge FANCY DRESS Costume Outfit ...
- Disney Toy Story Woody Costume