Product Type: Topshop Jeans LEvi s
Newest Review: ... smaller girls but it depends on what fit you want. Availability and price This is currently available from the Topshop website. It is par... more
Half bambi, half butterfly
Deer Print Tee by Emma Cook
Author Name: daisylee3
Deer Print Tee by Emma Cook
Advantages: Cute, unusual
I love Topshop because they have such a wide range of clothes; from slubby, oversized jumpers to gorgeous floral dresses, to casual t shirts. I am always browsing their website in search of a new pair of jeans or a new top (or two!) and I recently came across this T shirt. It immedietly caught my eye because it has such a unique, unusual and funky design on it. The first thing that sprung to mind was 'Bambi'! because of the adorable deer, and I love the detailing.
This is a very oversized T shirt with a deep, wide scoop neck meaning it's quite baggy around the shoulder and chest area so it could be worn off the shoulder if you got a size above your normal size. I decided to get a size S/M as i'm a small size ten, and I expected the S/M to be around the size 12-14 mark and it fits more like a size 14-16; very relaxed and comfy while not looking too casual due to the eye catching design of it. The t shirt is a plain white colour and the picture on the front is a detailed, high quality sketch of a baby deer which from a distance looks like a photograph.
The deer has a mask over its face along with butterfly wings attatched to its back - sounds weird but it looks stunning. The picture looks almost 3D and it's probably one of the most bizzare graphic print t shirts I own, but it works - it's cute, edgy, unique and very quirky. It's girly but not to the point of looking childish or tacky if that makes sense. The T shirt is a decent length and comes just above mid-thigh on me.
How I style..
This is so versatile, seriously! I can think of a million ways to style it, but some of the looks that I think work best with this particular top are follows:
- With a vintage effect, thin leather belt to bring it in at the waist, with tights underneath. The tights could be holey/laddered for an extra bit of edge. Layer a blazer over the top if desired for the ultimate style mash up; cute, sophisticated and edgy all in one!
- With skinny jeans, although when worn with jeans it may look unflattering because it's so oversized, so i'd reccomend maybe tucking it in or wearing it with high waisted jeans, although this isn't really practical as it would cover half of the picture up.
- With disco pants. Again, it will look unflattering unless worn with a belt to bring it in at the waist, or tucked in.
- With leggings. I wouldn't reccomend wearing it with printed leggings as because the design is so eye catching it'll clash. Instead, pair with faux leather leggings, knitted leggings or slashed leggings.
There are lots more ways to style but this isn't a fashion site so I won't bore you all any longer, lol. On a side note you will need to wear a bandeau or vest underneath as the dip of the top is so deep it reveals alot of cleavage! In the warmer weather it'll be a good item to wear over my bikini as it's so lightweight.
Material and comfort
This is a really comfy t shirt and it's really soft. It's made from 100% cotton and feels quite good quality, however it's very thin which I think is good because that way it can be worn in the summer for a light and floaty top. Despite the material been very thin and lightweight it isn't sheer. I particullary like the baggy sleeves and I love the unfinished edges/messy stitching design as it looks quite vintage. It's easy to put on and as the fit is so relaxed it's extremely comfy.
Sizes available are S/M or M/L. As I said above, this is a very generously sized item and I think a size L could easily fit anyone from 16-18, where as the small to medium would ideally be best suited to anyone from a size 10-16.. I think it'd be a little TOO big on smaller girls but it depends on what fit you want.
Availability and price
This is currently available from the Topshop website. It is part of the Topshop NewGen designer collection and it is priced at a very overpriced £30. Although, as it's good quality and versatile I can almost justify the price.
This is a gorgeous, unusual T shirt which is easy to style and it'll be one of the main tops I reach for as the weather gets warmer! 4/5.
Summary: 4/5 from me!
More reviews in the field of Clothing
- Gorgeous cardi that really does go with any outfit!
- A lovely casual top for the summer.
- wow, what a boost in confidence!
- A fashionable yet practical jacket
- Perfect Mother's Day gift
- Asda George Trainer Liner Socks
- Totes amaze!
- A favourite...
- Whether you call them shoestring or spaghetti strap they hold up!
- To Me TU