“ Brand: H&M / Type: Casual Wear „
I was in H&M shortly before Christmas and saw the leopard print coat to end all leopard print coats. I love leopard print, and to make it even better, it also had imitation leather on it. Unfortunately it cost £50 so I sighed, walked away, and tried to forget all about the lovely coat. Imagine my glee when I went onto H&M's online sale and saw the coat reduced to half-price. While I still couldn't really afford it, I couldn't turn down the chance to own the coat I had been coveting, and happily forked out £25.
This coat is leopard print and comes to just above the knee. It has a black lining on the inside, and 5 black buttons down the front. The backs of each sleeve are black imitation leather. There is no belt.
This comes in sizes 8 to 20. Size 16 is sold out on the H&M website at present, but all the other sizes are available and you may find varying sizes in high street H&M stores. I think the range of sizes available is very good, as sizes on the larger end of the scale are also catered for.
MATERIAL AND WASHING
100% polyester. Machine wash at 30˚.
This is now on H&M's website for £15 which is a tenner cheaper than I paid! Considering the original price was £49.99, this is a massive reduction.
- I found this a very good fit - I am a size 12 and while sometimes I have to go up a size when it comes to coats, the size 12 of this was a perfect fit.
- I like to think it looks a bit 1980s... my niece called me a rock star when she saw me wearing it which is fine by me (admittedly she's only 6).
- It can be dressed up our down - I have worn it with black skinny jeans and nice boots, but I have also worn it around the shops in bootcut jeans and Converse.
- Leopard print seems to have been in vogue for a few years now so I hope that this will do me over the course of several autumn/winters.
- I have gotten loads of compliments when I wear this. A lot of people hate animal print as it's seen as tacky; however thankfully I do not know any of these people!
- The buttons are a little loose and the thread that attaches them to the coat seems to be getting loose after only wearing this coat a few times, so care needs to be taken to ensure you don't lose a button along the way!
- Because this is faux fur, I have not worn this in the rain in case it ruins the material. Therefore on a couple of occasions I have not been able to wear this when I planned to. I am scared to get it wet in case it ruins the coat.
- This coat might be a bit too 'Bet Lynch' for people who do not like leopard print, but personally I don't care what people think of what I wear!
WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS?
If you like leopard print, I would definitely recommend this coat. I think the imitation leather parts on the sleeves make this a little different from a regular faux fur coat and I really do think it looks fantastic.