Product Type: New Look Clothing
Newest Review: ... same style in a number of colours. They are quite thin but also have a full length sleeve rather than 2/3 or 3/4 so I find them suitable... more
Comfy, Lightweight. Casual Newlook Boyfriend Cardi
New Look Boyfriend Pocket Cardi
Author Name: daisylee3
New Look Boyfriend Pocket Cardi
Advantages: Soft, comfy, looks good, not too exensive
This cardi's in the boyfriend cardigan style, or in other words is a longline cardigan. They're also a similar style to 'waterfall' cardigans. My cardigan comes just above my mid-thigh and isn't too long and definetly not too short; i'm 5'3 so obviously it will be shorter on taller girls and longer on anyone slightly shorter. I find it's best to wear with shorts as it's the ideal length to cover my behind meaning i don't feel too self concious! I've also found it's great with jeans, flats and a cute vest underneath. The cardi doesn't have any buttons so i always make sure it's a stylish and clean vest underneath.
It's definetly more of a casual cardigan than a going out type. It's ideal for summer if you want to wear something that covers your arms but is still lightweight and won't make you sweaty or overheated; when i say lightweight i'm not joking! It really is very thin and doesn't add much warmth at all unless worn over a thick t shirt! Definetly not a cardigan to be worn in cold weather. The fact it's so lightweight is handy though because it doesn't look out of place on a warm day as it's visibly not a thick cardi so doesn't look silly when everyone else is wearing t shirts. Due to the fact it has no buttons it's not the best option for someone who prefers to keep there stomach/hips covered up.
It's longer at the front than back, with drapey baggy pockets; these are used to add to the look and aren't really designed to hold things as they stretch easily. They don't hold things well as they're not very deep. The cardigan is a soft, stretchy, thin material and very comfy. It's very versatile and can be worn with a wide variety of outfits (see below if interested).
Style Suggestions: (may not be to everyones taste!)
I've experimented with this cardi and thought i'd share my personal favourite outfits to match it with;
1. Wear a size bigger for an oversized, floaty look. Because this cardi is so floaty you may find even in your size it's slightly baggy; if so, buy your regular size. Match with casual skinnies and cute flats, with a simple vest or t shirt underneath the cardi. This gives a casual and effortless looking elegant, flattering look. This also works without been oversized but i think it looks alot more casual this way. Adding a belt under the bust or around the hips or waist can work well with this look depending on your bodyshape.
2. Wear over a floral patterened playsuit/dress. The cardi calms down the outfit, keeping it casual aswell as giving a bit (not much!) of extra warmth. To add character to this look, add textured tights or knee length socks a similar/the same colour as your cardigan. Brouges look lovely with outfits like this!
3. This can be definetly worn at work, college, uni etc in the darker colours for a casual but smart look, and looks great when mixed with a simple bodycon or black trousers.
Obviously this isn't a fashion advice website but the above will hopefully give you an idea of the amount of wears you'll be getting out of the cardi; it's comfy, versatile, fashionable and can be transformed from casual to sleek and sexy when matched with suitable accessories etc. It's easily customisable and most people do have different tastes/wear theirs differently so don't let my outfit ideas put you off if you don't like the idea of any of them - it's a great cardi!
As mentioned above it's a nice, soft comfortable cardi ideal for covering up your arms in the warmer weather if you're not comfortable with them, or can simply be worn when it's slightly chilly but still warm. It's very lightweight and quick to get changed into as there's no buttons. The material is 96% Viscose and 4% Elastane, which gives it its stretchiness.
Sizes and Options:
UK 6-18, although the cardigan is quite a baggy style so i'd reccomend trying different sizes to match the look you're aiming for. Lots of colours available, the ones i'm aware of are: Black, grey, light brown, yellow, pink, white and red.
Price and Value:
£15.99 per cardigan. Personally at first i thought this was slightly overpriced, but after realising how versatile it really is was very pleased with my purchase and felt it was a real bargan as i wear mine most days! It's just so easy to sling on and still looks good. It goes with pretty much any outfit, and is suitable for the warmer weather unlike a majority of other cardigans. I have had mine for 3 weeks now and it's lasting really well, there's no issues with it wearing out and it looks good as new despite been a regular outfit. It's survived several encounters with the washing machine without any change in size or shape and is in my opinion very good quality.
These cardigans are available online via newlook's website (Newlook.com) and instore.
Summary: Customisable cardigan
More reviews in the field of Clothing
- Skimping over my botty well!
- Newlook boyfriend cardigan
- The must have item for this seasons wardrobe.
- I am a flashy Drama Queen after all!
- Topshop Plait Bodycon Mini Skirt
- New look jeggings
- A seasonal reversing wind accompanied by corresponding changes in precipitation? ...
- New look drop pocket cardigan
- A lovely coat for spring.
- I love my onesie
- Matalan 3D Knitted Sleep Socks Reindeer
- New Look Shell Pink Classic Belt
- H&M Denim and Imitation Leather Skirt
- New Look White Hi-Top Trainer Vest
- New Look Glitter Owl Tank Top
- Asos Cami Contrast Cutout Neck
- Henleys Salmons Jeans
- Henleys Fossil Jean
- Asos Bodycon Dress in Vest Shape
- Asos Coated Skinny Jeans