* Prices may differ from that shown
Error 41 is the "print head up the creek" message which came on within 6 months of purchase. The engineer changed the head and as one previous reviewer has already pointed out, this is a KNOWN FAULT to Brother.
He duly changed the head to a new one (new?!!) which lasted another 3 months and then died the same way. Hit by the Error 41 plague.
Brother should not be permitted to get away with producing sub-standard goods but unfortunately they will!
I won't buy any more Brother products which is the only way I can get my own back on such a large manufacturer.
I spent a lot of time deliberating about an All-in-One machine. I thought that I had found the answer to my search. Unfortunately, I am extremely disappointed with this machine on more than a few points.
1. BROADBAND: It wasn't made clear that it cannot be used with B.Band. In this day and age, a serious over thought.
2. CONNECTIVITY: I cannot attach my answer machine as a TAM mode, (as I have always done with other machines). Although this machine does have a loop through socket, I have been told by Brother not to use it its for America !!))
3. RUNNING COSTS: The use of ink is totally unacceptable. Brothers system of continual Self Cleaning runs away with the ink. I've printed less than 200 pages of 'home use' stuff (mainly mono letters) but have had replace the cartridges 4 times now !
3a/ DOWN TIME: Once the machine is out of 1 ink, you can't use the other features of the machine ! No ink = No scanner ???
Isn't this another oversight ? Shouldnt another method be sought to alleviate this ?
4. PRINTING - COLOUR: The Colour printing has never been good enough to talk about,,, rather the opposite.
5. ERROR 41: I have recently hit the dreaded Error 41. This is a know defect to the printheads that Brother are aware of. They will exchange the printheads & say that they are an 'improved' design. The fitter who did mine would not let me keep the old one, & explained that they have to go back for REFURBISHING !
Brother has been a good company, producing some good stuff,,,, & usually their customer care is o.k. Sadly this is diluting. If Brother wants to keep some credence, they have to do something,,, and fast !
Need a flatbed, color inkjet machine that can print from your computer and work as a stand-alone fax machine? Do you want to send and receive faxes from your computer, make copies of bound documents, scan images or text, print photos from digital media cards and even connect to your existing or future network? This 6-in-1, flatbed color multi-function center comes with a 33.6Kbps fax/modem, large memory, and is compatible with both Windows in Macintosh Operating Systems.
The MFC-3820CN connects to your computer using a USB 2.0 interface, or to your network router (wired or wireless) using the Ethernet interface. The built-in networking allows support of multiple PCs for printing, direct network scanning (networked, Windows PCs only), PC Fax send and access to the digital camera media cards over the network.