This is an excellent printer/copier. If you want the best colour reproduction this is the machine to go for. It is more expensive than most, however, the reliability of the machine is second to none. Most other machines give similar output (not as good), however, if you want trouble free printing over the long term than this gives you a better ROI.
Couple of things to note include the need for a good RIP if you want the best colour reproduction. For general leaflet/poster/office printing, the bustled RIP is fine, and works perfectly on a network.
The machine is easy to maintain - most areas have been taken care of in terms of waste toner, rollers etc. For peace of mind take a click charge/maintenance if you don't want the headache yourself.
For high volume printing go for the high capacity feeder. Excellent machine overall.
Some useful tips to those considering purchasing:
1. Look at your needs. If you need a high volume office printer, this is a reliable workhorse. However, for pure black and white standard office printing this is way over the top.
2. If however you are a designer, or are looking to start your first print shop, then this the ideal machine. Over the past 4 years, we have used, supported and sold many machines. The DC260 (and it's siblings the 252, 242, 250, 240) is the one machine we hear very little negative feedback from.
3. However, you have to weigh up your costs. This machine can be expensive to purchase if you also consider RIPS go into their thousands. But you got to speculate to accumulate right?
4. Ueful tips for a design team include obtaining/using Indesign or Quark and manually create your own printing templates. You can download several from printing places. The templates will lay out your artwork to ensure registration is accurate.
5. Double sided printing is a headache. This machine, like most digital machines, takes in paper short edge first. This results in some movement. The machine however has a wealth of options to over come this - but this is to bear in mind. The double sided registration process means this, like all other digital printers in their class have their limitation.
Bottom line, great for low to medium volume printing, and to be pushed to its limits. Like a good expensive car, the return is in the long term with years of problem free running!
There is a clear need for high-quality yet affordable digital color whether you work in the graphic arts and design community, a corporate environment, or serve a wide variety of customers.
Now, with the arrival of the DocuColor 260 Digital Color Printer/Copier, Xerox offers three light-production printers that make color printing easy, affordable and professional. With outstanding image quality, these printer/copiers offer a choice of print speeds and feeding capabilities as well as the ability to handle a wide range of media sizes and weights. Plus, there's a choice of color servers for sophisticated color control and document management. On top of all that, you get a choice of in-line finishing capabilities including a booklet maker. The result is a total, customized solution for your environment.
For higher volumes and even greater productivity, there is the DocuColor 260 printer/copier; it delivers 60 ppm color and 75 ppm black and white.
|Product Description:||Xerox DocuColor 260 - copier ( colour )|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||165.4 cm x 92.1 cm x 137.2 cm|
|Printing Technology:||Laser ( colour )|
|Monthly Duty Cycle (max):||300000 impressions|
|Max Copying Speed:||Up to 75 ppm (mono) / up to 60 ppm (colour)|
|Max Copying Resolution:||Up to 2400 x 2400 dpi (mono) / up to 2400 x 2400 dpi (colour)|
|Original Size:||A3/Ledger (297 x 432 mm) (max)|
|Original Type:||Sheets, books|
|Document Feeder Capacity:||250 sheets|
|Media Size:||Super A3/B (330 x 483 mm) (max)|
|Media Type:||Transparencies, plain paper, cards, labels, coated paper|
|Standard Media Capacity:||3260 sheets|
|Max Media Capacity:||5260 sheets|
|Bypass Feeder Capacity:||250 sheets|
|Output Trays Capacity:||500 sheets|
|Automatic Duplexing:||Yes (copying)|
|PC Connection Availability:||Optional|
|Power:||AC 230 V|
|Environmental Standards:||ENERGY STAR Qualified|