Product Type: Freecom Flash Drive
Newest Review: ... I must admit I have no problems with this device and as always freecom seems to have delivered a perfect little device that meets expecta... more
Flash Drive Perfection!
Freecom Databar Secure 16 GB
Member Name: NicndDan
Freecom Databar Secure 16 GB
Advantages: Easy and secure
Flash drives or USB sticks as I call them play an essential part in my work and the company I work for and on a daily basis I used many such devices for a variety of purposes. We handle a lot of sensitive data so the heads of IT are always hunting down the most secure items and the latest one I have been using is the Freecom Databar Secure 16gb version. At around £20 we are told these are the most expensive issued to staff and should be kept in good order for some time.
Thus far I must admit I have no problems with this device and as always freecom seems to have delivered a perfect little device that meets expectations. Whatever the intended use of this device is whether it be for work data, transferring images or as a back up it will serve all your purposes and at 16gb should be more than big enough for most usual needs. Its sometimes hard to decided what size stick to buy for personal use and you may find if it's a collection of photos or documents you may wish to store this would prove too big!
The device here is a small, silver unit made from a tough, resistant plastic. The casing is durable and firm which is ideal as it means it proves resistant to drops and bangs. This also is aided by the tough and concealed connector pins which are firmly rooted behind a tough outer support with a lid. This means that not only is the device protected when it is being removed and inserted into slots but that it also is protected well by the firm closing lid when it is not in use. All together it terms of the design and the overall feeling of being well made, this ticks all the boxes.
In terms of speed of transfer and recall its perfect too. Even on systems where I have used USB drives in the past and seen a slow response this is almost instant. It has saved me much time over the months of using it and no longer do I need to keep reinserting it to make it get read. It reads, saves and recalls very quickly. I also have yet to have any issues with corrupt files or data loss which is a common problem I have faced.
I have every confidence in terms of the performance and way this is put together that it will prove to be a reliable, secure and lasting flash drive for some time to come!
Summary: Best product I have used
More reviews in the field of Flash Drive
- Sturdy 8GB Storage
- If you're looking for some simple backing up of files then this is for you
- Excellent Portable Storage
- Amacom USB 2.0 Flash Key 8GB
- All the features you need in a memory stick
- Not a Jelly car.
- Not the best USB flash drive from Kingston Technology
- Sandisck Cruzer Blade USB Flash Drive 32GB
- Cheap Flash drive
- Store pictures, documents and even music and videos, without it affecting speed ...
- Kingston DataTraveler Workspace 64 GB
- Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 64 GB
- Imation Basic Flash Drive S250 Powered by IronKey 4 GB
- Imation Basic Flash Drive D250 Powered by IronKey 64 GB
- HP USB Flash Drive v195b 64 GB
- Emtec Flash Drive M400 U3 4 GB
- Imation Pocket Flash Drive 2 GB
- Memorex Traveldrive 4 GB
- Hama Tech-Line 2 GB
- Imation Pocket Flash Drive 4 GB