Product Type: Kingston Flash Drive
Newest Review: ... small black spots are slight indents. I have been ale to open up the case and see inside, all you have to do is either drop it from a few... more
Fast file transfers, but not for Xbox 360
Kingston DataTraveler 150 64 GB
Member Name: Seven17
Kingston DataTraveler 150 64 GB
Advantages: Good fast file transfer
Disadvantages: Moved my files and not so well built
@ About @
I bought this pen drive off eBay for £30 new and since then I have mainly used it for work files and transporting files from home to work. I also used it to transfer xbox 360 files. The pen drive comes with a plastic top to cover up the USB connector and stop dirt and damage. The lid can clip to the back of the pen drive where it will hold on until you nudge it off. It can also be flicked off so be careful not to loose the lid.
@ Build Quality @
The pen drive has a solid plastic outer case and feels rough. The small black spots are slight indents. I have been ale to open up the case and see inside, all you have to do is either drop it from a few feet or just put your thumbnail inside the ridge on the side and pull. It isn't glued or screwed down it simply comes apart and clips back together. Inside there is a small chip about half the size of the outer casing which connects to the small USB connector. You can't separate them but you can bend them so be extra careful.
@ Storing Data @
Like the other hard drives I've owned, this pen drive has reserved some space for itself and does not actually total 64GB. So if you need exactly 64GB then buy something with a bit more memory. 3GB of that space does not exist on this drive, or it is using it for itself. Saving data to the pen drive varies in time but as a general guide:
- Copying 21 .Wav files from your hard drive takes about 12 minutes
- Copying 3 MS word documents takes about 2 seconds
- Saving directly a single 3 minute Wav file takes 7 seconds.
I have never had any corrupt data from this pen drive but I have had a few problems accessing files. I save files in folders and the folders had moved themselves. Also if you intend to change the formatting of the pen drive you have the option of fat64 or (what it arrives as ) fat36.
This does mean you can use this for Xbox 360 but I strongly recommend you don't. I have lost tons of files and game saves by using this for the Xbox 360 because whilst it did work, it does not meet performance requirements so if this is for your Xbox 360, don't get it.
@ Overall @
I would recommend this pen drive if you need a cheap budget pen drive and not much else. It's for those on a budget but is not designed for constant use (due to build quality) and its not designed for Xbox 360 use.
Summary: This is alright if you're on a budget and don't need regular useage
More reviews in the field of Flash Drive
- A handy little stick
- A great little memory stick that's tough and reliable.
- Corsair Flash Voyager USB 2.0 2 GB
- I wish I could buy Memory2Go for my brain
- Don't lose the blooming cap Sam!
- NEVER AGAIN Will I trust Integral!!!
- Not a Jelly car.
- AVERAGE USB... WHAT YOU WOULD USUALLY EXPECT.
- Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 32 GB
- Integral Neon 8 GB
- Integral Neon 32 GB
- Imation Basic Flash Drive S250 Powered by IronKey 4 GB
- Imation Basic Flash Drive D250 Powered by IronKey 64 GB
- Verbatim Store 'n' Go USB Flash Drive 2 GB
- Intenso Basic Line 4 GB
- Verbatim Store 'n' Go USB Flash Drive 8 GB
- Intenso Business Line 16 GB
- Verbatim Store 'n' Go USB Executive 32 GB