Product Type: James Martin food processors
Newest Review: ... on the bench and this can be left out and doesn't clutter the place when using it. Its very very easy to clean with a well designed body ... more
The Choppers Too Small...
James Martin Mini-Chopper
Member Name: reviewingqueen
James Martin Mini-Chopper
Advantages: Looks good...
Disadvantages: doesnt work..
Having a teeny tiny kitchen, I dont like clutter as it makes the house look a mess, which was my main reason for purchasing this James Martin - Mini Chopper.
At Just under £20.00 I was under the impression that I was buying a real deal.. how wrong could I have been?
The chopper is modern and great to look at. It is silver and black - very modern. It has rubber feet to hold it in place and it very sturdy. Even when this item is in use it stays in the same place, does not move about because of vibrations. The bowl on top is bigger than it looks in the picture and you can actually fit more food than you could imagine in there.
The item is very easy to clean once you have used it. The bowl comes away from the rest of the unit and is very easy to wash. The blades are wipeable.
Now onto the negative points..
The main purpose of this item is to chop food. This item is not great at chopping food...
The first thing I did once I have set the chopper up was to put some fruit inside to try make a bit of a smoothie.. Strawberrys, Raspberrys and Banane went inside.. and became mush.. with lumps. The chopper seemed to miss huge parts of the fruit and they ended up getting stuck below the blades and the blades are quite high up.
My second attempt with this item was to make a bit of a sauce.. so I used the Chopped to chop some Garlic, Mushrooms and Onion.. yet again the same problem happened and the blades did not seem strong enough to cope witht he items that I had used.
I have now resorted to keep this in my kitchen cupboard. The blades are too 'mini' to deal with real food... poor effort James Martin...
Summary: bad buy..
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Food Processor
- Very handy for the kitchen
- Useful for making salad or cider
- Handy Ktichen Appliance
- A classic piece of kit, but you need earplugs!
- The most important item in my kitchen
- Top food processor, best i've ever owned
- James Martin Disappointed Me With His Mini Chopper.
- Excellent for the price but some parts can be a bit fiddly
- A top blender and food processor
- Kenwood Mini Food Chopper - hard to live without!
- Morphy Richards 400004 Stand Mixer
- Morphy Richards 400003 Stand Mixer
- Tefal MB754540 Fresh Express Food Processor
- Morphy Richards 401001 Accents Induction Food Processor with Serrator Blades
- Magimix 18227
- Magimix 18104
- Magimix 18105
- Magimix 18103
- Magimix 18226
- Elgento E010 70Watts Potato Peeler & Salad Spinner