Newest Review: ... hassle. The metal and plastic finish probably adds to the weight, but to me this also adds to the quality and longevity of the product. ... more
What a peice of kit!
Kenwood Chef Foodmixer
Member Name: flyingdutchwoman
Kenwood Chef Foodmixer
Advantages: Takes the leg work out of baking
Disadvantages: High price, takes up a lot of room and is heavy. (Might be a good thing.)
I've had my Kenwood Chef for about 6 months now and I use it all the time!
It is fantastic for all sorts of kitchen uses. Including, mixing, making cakes, but I use it mostly for making my own bread.
The dough hook attachment is an absolute must in my vuew.
The machine itself is built very sturdily, I struggle to lift it because it is so heavy, which could be a downside if you need to put the mixer away after every use. On the plus side, this makes me feel that it is very well buit and I don't anticipate needing to rreplace it anytime soon, which is good! The motor used in the machine, appears to be ratehr powerful and doesn't seem to struggle in the slightest if the mixture is thick, or needs to be mixed for a long time. I have used the machine for a solid 20 minutes and although it gets warm, it hasn't overheated, although I imagine if left running for too long it may well do.
I absolutely recommend this purchase if you do a lot of cooking/baking like myself. If you don't use your kitchen very much, then it is not worth it, so it should be a decision you think about carefuly before dropping some serious coin on what could be seen as a glorified arm.
I love mine and use it almost every day to bake fresh bread, but if you don't pretty much live in your kitchen and adore cooking, irt might be a bit of a dud investment.
Having said this, if you love your kitchen and its gadgets, then you won't be dissapointed!
Summary: A wonderful gadget if you actualy would use it
More reviews in the field of Food Processor
- All show and no guts :-(
- Chop, Slice, Liquidise, and, erm, press a citrus?!
- Very handy for the kitchen
- Useful for making salad or cider
- A food processor that cuts chips - well sort of.
- Kenwood Multipro. Powerful machine, too many accessories.
- Ken wood be lost without this and so would I!
- good but not great
- A top blender and food processor
- Kenwood Mini Food Chopper - hard to live without!
- Magimix 18292
- Magimix 18291
- Magimix 18326
- Magimix 18327
- Magimix 18328
- Philips HR7761
- Grundig SM5040 1.5 Litre Glass Jar Blender Variable speed
- Kitchenaid 5KFPM775PM Kitchen Aid Food Processor Touch Control Pro Metallic
- Swan SP20140N 350Watts Professional Mixer Variable Speed Settings
- Bosch MUM52120GB 700Watts Food Mixer 11 Attachments 4 Speed Settings