Newest Review: ... I can't remember the exact price of the cookies at the moment and it doesn't seem to be available online, but I've never felt like the... more
Member Name: m_illie
Advantages: Great tasting, lots of variety, reasonably cheap
Millie's Cookies and I share something in common that when I was much younger I was the brunt of many jokes; that is our name. If someone had 'Millie's Cookies' well they better go and give them back to me should't they?!
Millie's Cookies as you might expect sell cookies, but they also sell muffins, gifts, drinks and ice cream.
Cookies come in the following flavours:
Milk Choc, White Choc, Double Choc, Dark Choc, Choc & Toffee, Raspberry & White, Oatmeal & Raisin, Choc & Orange, Banoffee
They can be purchased as ordinary sized cookies, mini bites or cookies pops (the latter of which is simply a cookie on a stick)
Their ingredients are all fresh and they cook everything there on the day, ensuring freshness and great quality. A classic plain chocolate cookie has 187kcl and the majority of the other flavours are there abouts in terms of calories too. The highest calorie intake is the banoffee flavour which has 190kcal.
There is much less variety in their muffins in terms of flavours:
Lemon Meringue, Double Choc and Blueberry.
My favourite has to be the double choc flavour because I'm a self proclaimed chocolate addict, but for others what more could you want in terms of selection for your muffins. Again, they are fresh and made on the day, and are pretty decently sized too, which is rare these days.
Drinks are separated into two logical groups, hot drinks and cold drinks. Hot drinks include:
Latte, Cappucino, Americano, Espresso, Vanilla Latte, Hazelnut Latte, Classic Hot Chocolate, Chocca Rocca, Chocca Chocca, Tea, and Herbal Tea.
I'm personally not much of a coffee drinker so I've only tested out hot chocolate, which I found very pleasant. My Mum has tried the Latte and Cappucino however, which she says and I quote "is pretty much your standard latte/cappucino". So no prizes for originality there, but that's not what you expect when you buy a well known drink anyway. They state that they use only Fairtrade coffee beans and that their milk comes form British farmers.
The cold drinks aren't always popular all year round and the kind they sell in my local store pretty much slush puppies, with a bit more of a kick. They also offer smoothies and milkshakes. They come in the following flavours:
Smoothies: Apple and Mango, Tropical, Peach, Summerfruit, Strawberry
Milkshake: Vanilla, Banoffee, Strawberry, Raspberry, Mint, Chocolate
Limited Stores offer 'cookie shakes' which is just cookie blended with milk and ice cream.
Ice cream is delicious by Millie's and can be purchased in a plastic pot with a spoon or on a cone. They come in the following flavours:
Chocolate & Marshmallow, Banoffee, Chocolate, Strawberry, Raspberry, Vanilla. and
Some limited stores also sell 99's which I can't comment on really because my store doesn't but I suspect it's similar to the ice cream van variety.
Gifts that can be purchased are quite extensive.
- Millies Mug - A striped mug that has the same pattern as the store and their bags (pale pink/blue and white)
- Chip the Bear - A small teddy bear that costs £6.99
- Treatbox - A box of 12 cookies for £5.99 or 24 cookies for £9.99. This tends to be what I purchase when I visit my store as its great for sharing and 12 is plenty for my boyfriend and me. It also means we get the best of both worlds as we can mix and match and get whichever flavours we want.
- Muffin Box - 4 muffins in a box for £4.99
-Celebration Cookie - 12" of freshly baked cookie, iced with a message of your choice. I know lots of friends who have given this to another as a gift for a birthday, and have never heard any complaining from them!
- Year's Supply - 12 cookies every month for a whole year for £35.00. I've never known anyone to ever get this deal, but it does seem quite reasonable if you really are that mad for Millie's Cookies.
- Millies Gift Tin - A brightly coloured union jack tin that can be purchased on its own for £7.99 or with 18 cookies for £9.99
Millie's Cookies is an excellent store with lots of variety. Their food is always fresh, especially their cookies which taste delicious and are gooey, crunchy, and crumbly all rolled into one. I would definitely recommend as the staff are usually very friendly and willing to help you choose which flavour you want (which for me can be a bit tricky sometimes!) and are patient waiting as you umm and ahh. The huge varitey means there's something for everyone and even if you aren't a 'cookie person' there's bound to be something else you'd enjoy.
Summary: Fresh, great tasting cookies and muffins
More reviews in the field of Supermarket
- Rude staff
- Tesco... Does every little really help?
- Locally produced, organic vegetables
- Express Store!
- Keeping It Real.
- Premium review about an Express
- the story of my never ending love affair with HOTEL CHOCOLAT!...oh!the temptati ...
- An M&M rainbow explosion!
- M&Ms World: Wonderful Shop!
- Great pair of jeggings!