Product Type: Birds Eye Food
Newest Review: ... in the oven), there is a nutritional chart displayed and contact details for Birds Eye are also given. Nice enough quality packaging thi... more
I Ate All The Pies!!!
Birds Eye Chicken Pies
Member Name: CheekyCharlie08
Birds Eye Chicken Pies
Advantages: Yummy; Loads of tender chicken
I don't have chicken pies that much but the other week I brought a box of 4 Birds Eye Chicken Pies and they're yummy and just right for the mega cold weather at the minute!
The pies come in a foil case so they're ready to put in the oven, I put a bit of milk on the top of mine before I cooked it to make the crust go nice and shiney. They don't smell of anything when they're done but I can get a whiff of the gravy in the pie.
They taste of them is proper nice. The pastry is dead light and buttery tasting, it's cooked that nice so you can cut the pie into pieces just using the side of your fork. I love the flavour of this pastry because it is majorly good quality, it's got a yummy taste to it that's buttery and a bit salty at the same time. The bottom of the pastry case has had the gravy soak into it a bit so that's gone wickedly soft but the top crust has stayed nice and even though it's not actually crunchy you can tell it's got a different texture to the bottom and sides of the pie.
The filling doesn't go all the way to the top of the pie and I felt a bit robbed when I saw the gap between the crust and filling of the pie because of how full the box made the pies look! There's loads of chicken in the filling and it's all cut into nice bite sized pieces, it's chicken breast and is cooked lovely and tender and tastes proper fresh.
There are some vegetable mixed in with the chicken and they are chicken and peas, they're a bit disappointing because they don't taste or look that fresh but they're edible so that's loads better than in some of these meals! lol
The gravy is nice, it's not mega rich like in beef pies but is just right so you can taste the chicken and vegetables over it. I think all the different things go proper nice together and these pies are very filling, I had mine with some mash and gravy and it was delish. I made extra gravy up to go over the mash because there deffo wouldn't have been enough in the pie.
Recommended.... the best chicken pies, delish with loads of good quality chicken!!!
Summary: A Delish Pie That Tastes Very Good Quality
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- Not bad pickle but I still prefer Branstons - ok if you are economising though
- The best thing to come out of Wales since Tom Jones
- Who Says Sugar Has To Be White???
- "The crumbliest, flakiest milk chocolate in the world"
- A Yummy Ready Made Sandwich When You're Out And About!
- Tesco Cheesey Puffs
- Eggs and spoons from Cadburys....... Its very EGGCITING!
- What came first the spoon or the egg?
- Lovely beans and sausages
- Chick-chick chicken......
- Saveurs Molécule R Molecular Gastronomy Chef Starter Kit
- Kalys Gastronomie Gelification Kit Molecular Gastronomy
- Kalys Gastronomie Molecular Cocktail And Pearls Kit
- Kalys Gastronomie Molecular Gastronomuy Starter Kit By Kalys
- Kalys Gastronomie Spherification Kit Molecular Gastronomy
- Tesco Apple Puff Pies
- Cauldron Organic Mushroom Pate
- Birds Eye Shepherd's Pie
- Asda Real Mayonnaise
- Dawtona Sauerkraut