Product Type: Lees Food
Newest Review: ... a very nice change from having a biscuit of chocolate bar. I have nothing but praise for these Snowballs from Lee's and from me they rec... more
A Snowball For Summer Time
Member Name: wigglylittleworm
Advantages: cheap, tasty
Disadvantages: unhealthy, delicate.
I was craving a sweet treat the other day but trying to keep it reasonably light in terms of calories and I ended up grabbing a pack of Lees snowballs from the shelf of my local spar. Well I actually ended up picking up two packets as a six pack was 79p and two packs cost a pound. Good for my pocket but not for my waistline.
The packagine contains a picture of penguins and polat bears merrily throwing snowballs at each other. Inside the packet each snowball is nestles in its own little compartment which offers this delicate treat some protection.
Each snowball half of a sphere shape. The outside is almost totally white with the little strands of coconut almost covering all of the chocolate coating. Nestled inside the chocolate and coconut is lovely soft and gooey snowy white mallow.
I love to try and bite off the outer chocolate layer first and love the taste and texture of the coconut. This is a delicate operation as the snowball starts to crumble as soon as you hold it. The taste of the snowball is delicious with a lovely combination of crispy chocolate, chewy coconut and gooey mallow and is not overly sweet. They are particualrly popular with kids.
Lets see how they do calorie wise. Points off to Lees here who only provide information per 100g. Each 100g contains 430 calories and each pack contains 110g. A quick calculation shows that each of these sweets has just 78 calories meaning that eating them wont spoil your diet.
These are an ideal treat to keep in your cupboard but their delicate nature means they are unsuitable for lunch boxes. Why dont you try one today.
Summary: A lovely treat.
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- Crunchy, tasty and less than 100kcals a pack!!
- MITTS OFF OR THE TWEENIE TOY GETS IT!
- Brilliant Baby beetroot
- Natural coloured sugar cubes
- 3 quarters of a can of horrible beans!
- Dove's Organic Bread Flour - you won't find better
- A British Classic
- Peanut perfection - but not for those with wobbly teeth!
- Fray Bentos Just Chicken Pie
- Scrumptious Potato Waffles but Please Add Beans!
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Sweet Treats Gift Box
- Coufidou Prune Cream
- Coufidou Stuffed Prune Of Agen
- Coufidou Whole Pitted Dried Prunes
- Grandes Distilleries Peureux Alcohol Speciality
- Tesco Spearmint Gum
- Tesco Yorkshire puddings
- Cornish Sea Salt
- Wrigley's "5" Pulse Chewing Gum
- Branston Mayonnaise With Sweet Chili