Product Type: McVitie's Food
Newest Review: ... around 7 small round biscuits, they have tiny chocolate chips in the biscuit and the texture of them are nice and crunchy, they are a lov... more
The Best Mini Cookies!!
McVitie's Mini Cookies Choc Chip
Member Name: Absy_Baby
McVitie's Mini Cookies Choc Chip
Advantages: The are so yummy!
Disadvantages: Not enough in the bag :(
(This review is based around a 40 gram bag)
A lunch box favourite I still haven't grown out of McVitie's Mini Cookies are tasty and just the right size for a snack.
The bag contains about 9 cookies; I could eat and eat these so it's probably quite lucky there are no more. Each cookie is round with one flat side and one rounded side (kind of like Cadbury Buttons).
The cookies themselves are very crumbly, I love this aspect, and they literally break up in your mouth but are still quite solid. The cookies are rather dusty and can be messy, but then can't all biscuits?
The biscuits don't have too much chocolate in (and this coming from a chocoholic), I appreciate biscuits need to taste of biscuit and I think these have just the right biscuit - chocolate chip ratio.
You can buy these in bags of 25 grams or 40 grams, the 25 gram bags come in the multi pack bags of 6. You can buy these at Asda for £1.38 per multi bag. The individual bags of 40 grams are usually more expensive and sold in places like garages; the last 40 gram bag I brought was £0.60 pence.
The packet is sealed which keeps these lovely and fresh for longer, I prefer foil sealed products; you don't have to worry about them loosing taste so quickly.
The packaging is Blue and a maroon/purple. The bags have the best before date on as well as pictures of the cookies on the front along with the name and branding.
On the back of the bag is the important McVitie's Quality Guarantee which states if your biscuits have not arrived to you in perfect condition then you can return them to McVitie's with details of where you bought them. It doesn't tell you what McVitie's will then do, which begs the question, if your hungry would you send them back if they weren't perfect? I know I wouldn't, you could be waiting a while to get some perfect cookies as a replacement - if at all!
On the back is also the ever so important nutritional information - see below.
The Info - per 25 gram bag:
Energy kJ - 514
Kcal - 123
Carbohydrates (of which sugars) - 7.6 grams
Fat (of which sugars) - 5.8 grams
Protein - 1.4 grams
Fibre - 0.7 grams
Great for all ages!
Summary: A great lunch box filler or snack for all ages!
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- Not bad pickle but I still prefer Branstons - ok if you are economising though
- Potato delights
- TRI it for yourself!
- Get your daily oats, with Oatibix!
- Creamy Coleslaw?
- Eggs and spoons from Cadburys....... Its very EGGCITING!
- Lets have a disco.. every now and then!
- What came first the spoon or the egg?
- Lovely beans and sausages
- Chick-chick chicken......
- Priméal Mix Of Organic Seeds To Germinate
- Masseria Del Vicario Olive Cream Pate' Di Olive Peranzana
- Masseria Del Vicario Artichokes Cream Pate' Di Carciofi
- L'Orto Del Pian Bosco Zucchini Sott'Olio
- Celnat Organic Soft Wheat
- Priméal Alfalfa Lucerne Seeds
- Priméal Organic Green Soybean
- Priméal Sunup Mix
- L'Orto Del Pian Bosco Peperonata
- Elena Luigi Stoned Taggiasche Olive In Olive Oil