Newest Review: ... are several flavours of the liquid stock just like the normal cubes but I stuck with the old faithful beef and have been able to u... more
OXO But Not As We Know It
OXO Concentrated Liquid Stock
Member Name: newby2
OXO Concentrated Liquid Stock
Advantages: a good product
Disadvantages: measurements take a while to get used to
OXO Concentrated Liquid Stock......
I am a big user of OXO cubes for making gravy and for adding to my spag bol's etc. so when I saw this Liquid OXO Stock on offer for £1 in Morrison's a few months ago I decided to give it a try. It is usually nearly the £2 price region so probably slightly more costly than buying the cubes but I do think you get more out of the bottle than you would a box of cubes so value for money it probably works out far better. The bottle states that it is concentrated so a little certainly goes a long way.
There are several flavours of the liquid stock just like the normal cubes but I stuck with the old faithful beef and have been able to use it up in good time. The use by date of the product is not as long as when buying the dried cubes as mine only had a good 6 months on it. I managed to use it all up by the date but I would think it would be okay to use even once the dare has gone.
The packaging of the liquid is as you would expect from OXO as it has the recognisable logo on the from and the red label which indicates the beef flavour. The cap is an easy to use flip lid and there is a small hole underneath this that allows a good pouring action.
The dosage at first was hard to get the hang of and I do find it much easier to use a single cube to crumble as I am far more of a splash it in rather than a measure it out type gal! It does state that you would need to use 2 tablespoons to 500ml of boiling water to make stock and that you would need to add 1 to 2 tablespoons to flavour any savoury dishes, stir fries or soups.
I found that the 160ml bottle seemed to last forages where as I am fairly often buying stock cubes in my shopping. The taste of the liquid often seemed to give a stronger flavour than I was used to but again I think it was just my measurements and splashes that were the trouble. The flavour however is a good one and must like a standard OXO cube and less messier.
I would certainly buy this bottle of concentrated liquid again and even more so if it was on special offer as when I bought my first one. I do belive it is eaier to use, gives a good taste and works out better value for money. So another top product.
I do think a 5/5 star rating is well deserved and a high recommendation.
I do hope this was of some help/interest to you.
Many thanks for taking the time to read.
Summary: A good product i shall buy again
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- McVitie's Mini Choc Chip Cookies - They Keep My Cookie Monsters Happy!
- The Ultimate Student Snack.
- Don't Get In A Pickle, Buy This!
- Weight Watchers Toffee Cookies
- The Totally Buttery Taste...
- (ASDA) Beans beans are good for your heart...
- Satisfying but healthy hot pot!
- Look At You Sitting On The Shelf, All Sweetness & Light
- Holland's Cheese and Onion Pies - Once Tried But That Was Enough
- Cheap & yummy
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Gift Box Maison Valette
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Fair Trade Organic Basket
- 100 Pour 100 Équitable Les Révélations
- 100 Pour 100 Équitable Les Grandes Découvertes
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Trunk Of A Thousand Treasures
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Tasting Basket
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis The Night Before Christmas
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis The Festive Gift Hamper
- M. De Turenne Dried Strawberry Fruit
- M. De Turenne Dried Kiwi Fruit