Newest Review: ... some places will have these on offer, Tesco sometimes do these for half price. Packaging/Preparing Pot Noodles come in a plastic tub... more
General pot noodle
Member Name: purplekimmy
Advantages: Its a meal in a pot
Disadvantages: I would rather eat dirt from a pot
Well, I write this as a whole review of the entire Pot Noodle range, not just one flavour, but all the flavours as a whole.
I used to eat these as a teenager and as I recall, I used to quite like them, I however, I also used to drink my body weight in booze so that doesn't hold much weight really.
The object of a Pot Noodle, it is basically noodles in a pot that you add hot water and flavouring to, then wait 2 mins and eat. Hmmm I have cooked normal noodles and pasta many times in my life and never once has putting a little hot water to them and waiting, concluded in them becoming cooked. This alone is a worry about the nature of said noodles. The sachet of flavouring....also a concern, the power added doesn't look or smell nice before you add it to your plastic pot of noodles. I cant miss out the possibility of having freeze dried vegetables in your noodles, which may during its time in the hot water may absorb some, they still stay manky shrivelled particles of nothingness.
Although you are given a sachet in a silver pocket of flavourings, the flavour essence is missing somehow when you add all the ingredients together. There is a water line marked onto the pot and you fill the pot to this level and watch as the water makes its way to the bottom, releasing bubbles as it goes. This is actually the most enjoyable thing about the whole Pot Noodle experience.
The plastic pot is so thin that adding boiling hot water just turns it into a pot you need oven gloves to hold, a bit impractical I must admit. You stir the noodles and flavouring to turn your meal into a greyish sludge that never really materialises into anything that even vaigly resembles food. If you have managed to eat the noodles, you are left with a liquid sloshing around the bottom of the pot and a horrible powdery aftertaste. Not on my top 10 of things to ever eat again.
Summary: No flavour, waste of money
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- Well that backfired!!
- Sensationally delicious
- Marmite - much more than a tasty toast topping!
- I had a dream....
- Fills a hole, but tastes of nothing
- Satisfying but healthy hot pot!
- Some birds on my crumble
- (ASDA) Beans beans are good for your heart...
- Look At You Sitting On The Shelf, All Sweetness & Light
- Holland's Cheese and Onion Pies - Once Tried But That Was Enough
- Borde Dried Cloud Ear Mushrooms
- Borde Ceps In Vinegar Borde
- Vergers De Gascogne Zagros Figs In Armagnac
- Vergers De Gascogne Tatin Granny Smith Apples
- Vergers De Gascogne Prunes In Cointreau
- GO3 Chicken and Sweet Tomato Wrap
- Chicken Balti Pies
- Nestle Kit Kat Chunky Caramel
- Branston Mayonnaise - Lemon & Roast Garlic
- Marks & Spencer Tomato & Mozzarella Salad