Product Type: Tesco Food
Newest Review: ... pukey! The pastry is delish, it's light and gorgeous with a proper melt in your mouth texture. It's got a thin sprinkling of sugar on th... more
Bakery Fresh Pie!
Tesco Cherry Pie
Member Name: CheekyCharlie08
Tesco Cherry Pie
Advantages: Delish; Wicked cherry filling; Yummy pastry; Can eat it hot or cold
When me and my dad went to do the shopping this morning we decided to get a cake for after dinner, it turned out nobody had dinner in our house today but we still had the cherry pie and custard when we got peckish! lol
It's baked in Tesco and sold by the bread and other fresh cakes. I only paid £1.28 for it and it's not a massive pie but did the 3 of us who wanted cherry pie and we all got a big slice that was deffo enough to make us feel pukey!
The pastry is delish, it's light and gorgeous with a proper melt in your mouth texture. It's got a thin sprinkling of sugar on the top and that makes it taste wickedly sweet when you first put it in your mouth. I think the pastry goes proper nice with the cherry filling as well because it's a sweet pastry but the cherry sauce is a bit tangy.
The cherries in this are yummy, you've got loads of whole cherries inside the pie and they're in thick cherry sauce. I love how the cherry filling is sweet and tangy at the same time, it's like fresh cherries mixed in with the flavour of a yummy cherry jam. The filling doesn't drip out all over the place when you put the slice of pie on a plate and each mouth full you get a nice taste of pastry and enough cherry filling to give the pie a big time fruity flavour.
For the price though this is a wicked cherry pie. You can have it hot or cold, I deffo recommend warming it up because the pastry goes even better and gets an amazing soft texture. Careful though because the cherry filling gets majorly hot and I reckon it would be dead easy to burn your mouth on it!
I deffo recommend this pie, it's proper nice quality and has got a wicked flavour that you'll want to keep eating until the pie is all gone. Like I said we had ours with custard and it was delish, the pastry soaked up the flavour of the vanilla in the custard but didn't go all soggy or fall to bits like I thought it might. The custard went yummy with the cherry filling as well because the tang hit you with every mouth full of creamy custard.
Summary: Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!!
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- Crunchy, tasty and less than 100kcals a pack!!
- M&S quality at a bargain price
- I like this very mush!
- Great relish, great taste, great kick.
- Going potty about noodles!
- Scrumptious Potato Waffles but Please Add Beans!
- Get your taste buds dancing
- KP Discos - re-live the 1970s experience with these crisps - thou sure the packe ...
- Great healthy option for breakfast but tastes quite insipid
- Masseria Del Vicario Organic Artichokes In Olive Oil Antipasti
- Masseria Del Vicario Organic Dry Tomatoes In Oil
- Kalys Gastronomie Gelification Kit Molecular Gastronomy
- Kalys Gastronomie Molecular Cocktail And Pearls Kit
- Kalys Gastronomie Molecular Gastronomuy Starter Kit By Kalys
- Borde Preserved Wild Mushrooms Mix
- Borde Preserved Morels
- Borde Preserved Cep Mushrooms
- Borde Extra Dried Morels
- Borde Extra Dried Cep In Tinbox