Newest Review: ... up trumps with this gem of a yoghurt. The Yoghurt: I hate going into too much detail in my reviews about packaging but I feel that at t... more
I'm a little nutty about this
Tesco Finest Hazelnut Yoghurt
Member Name: taylor72
Tesco Finest Hazelnut Yoghurt
Advantages: filling, very tasty
Disadvantages: quite expensive for a yoghurt
I do like yoghurt as a snack or pudding but had become rather bored with my budgeted cheap varieties and as I had a smaller online shop than usual , decided to treat myself to 5 various flavours of tesco finest yoghurt - I managed tp peruade myself I was still bagging a bargain as they are currently on offer at 5 for £3, but as they are 0.64p each this is a megre saving of 0.20p!
I do find that on the odd ocassion I indulge in an item from the Tesco finest range I can usually tell that it is higher quality so I was full of anticipation when I went to try this out yesterday.
Some nutritional info
This is not to be eaten as part of a calorie controlled diet! - A whopping 240 calories, 22g of sugar and 12.2g of fat. If you ate 3 pots of this in one day you would have eaten your entire allowance of saturated fat , three quaters of your sugar allowance and nearly half your calorie allowance so it's defiantely a treat to have in moderation!
The main ingrediants as stated on the pot are milk and nuts no real surprises here. The milk is sourced from channel island. At this point it will be obvious that this product is unsuitable for people with nut allergies!
What is it like
I eagerly peeled off the lid to reveal a creamy thick yoghurt with plenty of good sized pieces of hazelnut but no real tempting smell . The first thing I noticed was that this really is incredibly thick and creamy and tastes heavenly - creamy, rich , sweet but not too sweet and very nutty, they certainly haven't scrimped on the nuts and it is a very filling and fullfilling desert - it is not one I would really have as a snack but to finish off a dinner once in a while I can see no harm!
This is definately a luxury pudding and worthy of the "finest" title.
Summary: As a treat now and then this is worth it
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- I won't be spitting this out!
- Gorgeous Crispy Taco Trays
- One Of The Cleverist Inventions Of All Time
- Nothing but grapes and sunshine
- A Minor Miracle In A Pot
- KP Discos - re-live the 1970s experience with these crisps - thou sure the packe ...
- Great healthy option for breakfast but tastes quite insipid
- Maybe I wont call Dominos today!......
- Merci Maman!
- Oatie Licious
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Organic Gift Hamper
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Fair Trade Organic Basket
- 100 Pour 100 Équitable Les Révélations
- 100 Pour 100 Équitable Les Grandes Découvertes
- M. De Turenne Dried Strawberry Fruit
- M. De Turenne Dried Kiwi Fruit
- Grandes Distilleries Peureux Griottines Cherries In Liqueur
- Grandes Distilleries Peureux Griottines
- Grandes Distilleries Peureux Cassis À La Crème De Cassis Peureux
- Grandes Distilleries Peureux Alcohol Speciality