Product Type: Tesco Food
Newest Review: ... would make my own but we just didn't have time this weekend so when shopping in Tesco, picked up a couple of tubs of their Finest one from ... more
As close to home made you will get
Tesco Finest Potato Salad
Member Name: samparry19
Tesco Finest Potato Salad
Advantages: Nice creamy and whole potatoes
Disadvantages: Bit expensive
Summer is on it's way and it is time to start eating salads out in the garden, I love having some potato salad with this, and have always found supermarket varieties to be very bland and nothing like home made stuff.
When looking in Tesco i noticed they do a finest version potato salad, priced at only £1 for a 310gram tub it seemed fairly reasonable. This came in a clear plastic tub, with tesco finest black banner along the top, underneath this was a grey background with Potato salad written on it, there was also a bit of a description. Further down was the nutritional information section & best before date.
To open the pack is very easy, just slice the plastic sticker and open up the top, the first thing you notice with this salad compared to the cheaper kind, is that it has full baby potatoes in, it isn't made up of lots of potato cubes which is good. It comes in a very nice creamy sauce with chives.
The taste of this is very nice, the mayonaise is nice and creamy and the potatoes are nice and firm, I was impressed, compared to the lower brands, you can definitely tell a difference, and it is worth paying the extra.
A serving of this contains:
2grams of sugar
22grams of fat, of which saturates 2grams
0.8grams of salt
Tesco don't actually tell you what amount a serving is, but i guess a couple of spoonfuls. This is also suitable for vegitarians.
Although it was very nice, i still prefer home made, if you are looking to make your own just cook some baby new potatoes, cut some in half if they are on the large side. Add some mayo & salad cream until you have got plenty of sauce round each potato, then add some chopped chives and mix well. Simple as that.
For £1 this isn't bad, but looking how easy it is to make your own, I think I will stick to home made.
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- A grey plaice!
- slightly spicy haggis
- Who ate all the pies?
- And In A Disappointing Second Place.....
- Satisfying but healthy hot pot!
- (ASDA) Beans beans are good for your heart...
- Look At You Sitting On The Shelf, All Sweetness & Light
- Holland's Cheese and Onion Pies - Once Tried But That Was Enough
- Cheap & yummy
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Gift Box Maison Valette
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Gourmet Gift Box
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Alsacian Basket
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Basque Country Gift Hamper
- Bienmanger Paniers Garnis Trunk Of A Thousand Treasures
- Vergers De Gascogne Zagros Figs In Armagnac
- Vergers De Gascogne Tatin Granny Smith Apples
- Vergers De Gascogne Prunes In Cointreau
- Vergers De Gascogne Mirabelle Plums In Eau De Vie
- Vergers De Gascogne Mini Apples In Calvados