Newest Review: ... crave for sweet things. However the other day I purchased a 100 g Thai sweet chilli packet and I have to say it was really hard to stick... more
A crisp that lives up to it's name!
Member Name: Kittenpeach
Advantages: Great range of flavours, high quality.
Disadvantages: Fairly expensive.
It would be fair to say that I am slightly addicted to these crisps nowadays. Although they have certainly been around for a fair while, it's just recently that I have become keen on them. If you haven't seen these crisps before, they are being billed by Walkers as a type of 'posher crisp' with a more flavoursome taste. I would certainly agree that they are a cut above their standard range.
I'll list the flavours and then I'll talk about some of my favourite's from the range.
Currently you can choose from...
- Thai Sweet Chilli
- Smoke Monterrey Chilli with Goat's Cheese
- Mexican Fiery Sweet Chipotle
- Roasted Chicken and Thyme
- Caramelised Onion and Balsamic Vinegar
- Southern Style Barbecue
- Vintage Cheddar and Onion Chutney
I've tried most of the flavours, and enjoyed them all very much, but I would have to say that my favourites are the Thai Sweet Chilli. They have a gorgeous slightly spicy tastes that builds as you eat them, but aren't so strong as to blow your head off! You can taste a slight sweetness coming through on your first bite, and it's just a deliciously unique flavour.
My boyfriend loves the Mexican Chipotle flavour, as he says they remind him of the Fruit and Chutney crisps that are popular in South Africa (where he's originally from). They certainly have a certain smokiness to them which I find very appealing, but he's right in saying that they do taste a little sweet and fruity, and they are unlike any other crisps I've tried so far.
I think that all the flavours are gorgeous though, and I'm certain that everyone could find something they like in this range. They really do seem to be very good quality, and a little different from most other brands. I love that they have a good crunch to them, which I would expect from a decent crisp.
The packaging also looks very classy and appealing to me. Each packet is black, with an illustrative photo on the front displaying the ingredients of each flavour. I think it really stands out on the shelf, and aesthetically looks like a high quality product.
A little bit about the nutritional information...
Of course, I never expected these crisps to be good for me! Each 40g serving contains 202 calories, and 10.5 grams of fat, so these are probably better left as a treat! I'm pretty sure I eat more than 40g in a serving, so I should probably avoid doing that in the future! These gorgeous crisps are also suitable for vegetarians.
Sensations are widely available, and come in small packets, and large 'sharing' bags. I often see them on offer in Tesco, so I tend to grab a few packets then.
A 40g packet is currently 73p from Tesco, with the larger 150g bags coming in at just £1.00 as they are on special offer (they are usually £1.99). I find these crisps to be fairly expensive, so as I said, I only really buy them when I see they are on offer.
I would definitely recommend trying out these crisps, as they are pretty sensational!
Summary: Lovely 'posh' crisps from Walkers.
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- Ahh! Bisto.....ahh! Very tasty.....
- If you love Marmite, I salute you. If not fair enough.
- ~ The party animal of crisps ~
- I spy a good pie!
- An old favourite that is nutritious and tasty.
- Satisfying but healthy hot pot!
- (ASDA) Beans beans are good for your heart...
- Look At You Sitting On The Shelf, All Sweetness & Light
- Holland's Cheese and Onion Pies - Once Tried But That Was Enough
- Cheap & yummy
- Coufidou Whole Pitted Dried Prunes
- Grandes Distilleries Peureux Griottines Cherries In Liqueur
- Grandes Distilleries Peureux Griottines
- Grandes Distilleries Peureux Cassis À La Crème De Cassis Peureux
- Grandes Distilleries Peureux Alcohol Speciality
- Jordans The Superfoods Porridge
- Quaker Oats Muesli
- Hipp Organic Biscottes
- Hipp-a-bisc Organic Breakfast Cereal
- Walkers Squares