Newest Review: ... they are less than 100kcals a pack as they have always seemed like 'substantial' crisps to me so I thought they'd be higher calorie. This ... more
Member Name: star3683
Advantages: crunchy, tasty, light in calories, great quality
In our household I am the one with the sweet tooth and my husband savoury and one thing that he has a slight addiction to is crisps or any type of potato snack. One of his favourite brands of crisps is Walkers with his favourite flavour being salt and vinegar. One pack of potato snacks that I recently treated him to as he has been trying to cut down is the Walkers salt and vinegar squares which of course I had to taste test myself too.
I purchased an individual 27.5g bag of the Squares in the salt and vinegar flavour from my local boozebuster store where they were priced at £0.55 per bag. The Walkers Squares are also available in multi-packs and if you are lucky some supermarkets sometimes have them on special offer prices which are much more cost effective than purchasing individual bags.
The Walkers Squares are as the name suggests square shaped potato snacks, I purchased a bag of the salt and vinegar flavour but they also come in ready salted and cheese and onion flavour too. Rather than these potato snacks being made from slices of potato they are made from potato granules instead which are formed into flat square shapes.
The Squares come packaged in foil packets to help to keep them nice and fresh. The individual packets are quite jazzy and have a picture of the squares on the front alongside the Walkers logo and some basic nutritional information. On the back of the packet you can find further information including full nutritional information, ingredients listings, allergy advice and that the Squares contain no artificial colours and are suitable for vegetarians.
The Squares have a nice golden colour and as they are very crisp and crunchy they do retain their shape and there was very few in the packet that was broken. The squares have a lovely crisp texture but are also quite light and not at all greasy. They also have quite a strong flavour which is lovely and tangy just the way I like my salt and vinegar flavour snacks to be. These Squares also have the added bonus of being lighter in calories than many other crisps with a 27.5g packet containing just 121 Calories.
Overall I think these are great, crunchy, tasty great quality snacks from Walkers and I will be certainly be purchasing them again in the future.
Summary: Great quaility square crisps from Walkers
More reviews in the field of Other Food
- Crunchy, tasty and less than 100kcals a pack!!
- So easy to make, even the unskilled boys in my flat can't ruin it
- Quick and easy but I've had tastier
- Versatile and Delicious
- Anyone else lose the filling?!
- Scrumptious Potato Waffles but Please Add Beans!
- Get your taste buds dancing
- KP Discos - re-live the 1970s experience with these crisps - thou sure the packe ...
- Great healthy option for breakfast but tastes quite insipid
- Let me bang on about waffles!
- Masseria Del Vicario Olive Cream Pate' Di Olive Peranzana
- Masseria Del Vicario Artichokes Cream Pate' Di Carciofi
- L'Orto Del Pian Bosco Zucchini Sott'Olio
- L'Orto Del Pian Bosco Peperonata
- Elena Luigi Stoned Taggiasche Olive In Olive Oil
- Asda Brussels Pate
- Sainsbury's Prepared Herb Salad
- Discovery Mexican Wicked Chilli
- Sainsbury's Creamy Coleslaw
- Trident Soft Tropical Twist Flavour