Product Type: Avon fragrances
Newest Review: ... or inadequate. It suggests to me that the products aren't cared for very well by Avon. I have often had bashed or tatty boxes from them, wh... more
Quite pleasant orangey perfume - but is a bit expensive but looks cheap.
Avon Scentini Citrus Chill
Member Name: rolandrat
Avon Scentini Citrus Chill
Advantages: Orangey/mandarin smell if you like citrus scents
Disadvantages: Looks cheap
---Why I Buy This---
I thought the bottle looked good from the picture and I liked the way the fragrance was divided in two - I often use Avon products so decided to get this when it was on offer. I did not like the Plum or Rose versions much but thought I might as well try this Citrus one as I do like orangey smells.
Avon launched Scentini summer cocktails fragrance collection in 2011.
Scentini Citrus Chill is said by Avon to be 'juicy mandarin and blood orange muddled with guava leaves, passion flower petals and apple blossom for a refreshing spirited finish'.
The fragrance should be shaken before use, because it is designed as a cocktail of different fragrant layers.
30 ml bottle comes in a bright orange shiney box with a splash of green and a green cocktail glass.
Eau De Toilette spray - you must shake well before use as the contents comes in two well defined layers.
Made in Poland.
Clear glass bottle has a dark orange pull off lid.
Said to be 'an invigorating splash of juicy mandarin mixed with exotic passion flower and sheer musk'.
The bottle shape is thin at the bottle and wider at the top - a bit like someone with a tight thin waist and wide shoulders - but presumable meant to be a cocktail shape.
'Scentini' is embossed across the glass front and the back of the bottle has 6 dimples in the glass - probably to represent bubbles.
The perfume comes in two distinct layers - a clear bottom half which has an orangey layer floating on its surface.
The Scentini range comes in three fragrances:
* Citrus Chill: Juicy mandarin and blood orange muddle with guava leaves, passion flower petals and apple blossom.
* Rose Fizz: A splash of watery pineapple and a sprinkling of mango and peach combine with pink rose petals and dewy violet leaves.
* Plum Twist: A lively mix of crisp cranberries, tangy pink grapefruit and juicy pomegranate mingled with red velvet rose rich plum and a touch of cinnamon.
Avon will also shortly be bringing out three new versions in brochure 9 - Scentini Nights:
* Midnight Glow - blue colour - fruity and woody
* Purple Pulse - purple colour - fruity and oriental
* Emerald Sparkle - vivid green - fruity and green fragrance.
£8.00 but was buy one get one half price.
This was a bit nicer than the other two perfumes I had tried in the Scentini range.
As expected it came in cheap looking bright orange box - this did not give a good first impression.
The bottle itself is not too bad but it is let down by a very cheap plastic cap and aerosol.
After shaking the fragrance to mix the two layers together I put one spray on my wrist - apart from it leaving an oily residue which was not too pleasant, it did leave a good mandarin type of smell. the bottle mentioned 'sheer musk' but I did not notice any musky undertones.
This would be quite a good summery fragrance if you were into citrus scents and it did last reasonably well.
I have tried the plum and rose versions, which I was not too keen on but the citrus one is more to my liking.
However not one I would say I was mad on and I think Avon do better and cheaper perfumes than this - and sorry to say it does look cheap.
3 star - quite nice but not really worth the full price and it does look cheap.
---Would I Recommend?---
Yes - if you are into citrus scents - and could buy it on offer..
Summary: Quite pleasant orangey perfume - but is a bit expensive but looks cheap.
More reviews in the field of Perfume & Fragrance
- Smell Like A Sunshine Cutie
- Pleasant enough perfume - shame it is being discontinued.
- Intimately Yours... Intimately Mine!
- Where are the rose petals in my cocktail? Cheap looking perfume that hardly smel ...
- The secret of Untold
- J'etme J'adore
- Smell delicious, DKNY Golden Delicious EDP.
- ~ * Purrfect * ~
- Ted Baker Skinwear Eau de Toilette
- Ted Baker Pashion Him Eau de Toilette
- Ted Baker M Eau de Toilette
- Ted Baker Langley Her Eau de Toilette
- Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood Eau de Toilette
- Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill Eau de Toilette
- Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime After Shave Balm
- Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime Cologne