Product Type: Diesel fragrances
Newest Review: ... from the into the middle of the bottle covering the dispenser tube. ' Loverdose Diesel', is written in small silver lettering on one o... more
Diesel Loverdose Eau de Parfum
Member Name: wazza115
Diesel Loverdose Eau de Parfum
Date: 24/01/12, updated on 12/06/13 (41 review reads)
Advantages: Long lasting
I had Diesels new Loverdose for Christmas and having never liked any of Diesels previous perfumes, I was pleasantly surprised.
A gorgeous different aroma, it does have quite a strong smell and can seem quite sweet to some people but I have found that it always lasts throughout the day. I normally wear at the weekends or for going out and love it when I put my coat back on and get the fresh smell of this again.
I have received several compliments on the smell and do not think I will ever stop wearing or tire of it.
Many people have said they dont like as they cannot stand aniseed but I must say, when you initially spray, you can slightly smell it, it is soon overpowered by the sweet aroma.
Top notes: Mandarine Orange, Star Anise
Middle notes: Liquorice, Gardenia, Jasmine
Base notes: Vanilla, Wood, Amber
The bottle is quite quirky, a purple chiseled heart shaped chunky bottle which can stand in many different positions ( so when I am in a rush in the morning, I'm not messing about making sure I ahev stood it up properly).
As it was only released just before Christmas, it was initially quite expensive to buy. I have come across 3 different sized bottles, 30ml, 50ml & 75ml, prices range from £25 - £50 depending upon which size you get.
I had it as part of a gift set and got a 200ml body lotion too. It makes me smell gorgeous all over and all day long! The good point about using the body lotion and the perfume is you only need to spray a small amount.
I noticed after Christmas, a lot of the bigger stores like House of Fraser, John Lewis and Boots were selling off the gift sets in the sales, I managed to buy another set, including 50ml EDP and 200ml body lotion for £24, I think a lot of people also did this as you can pick one up from EBay for around £40 whereas the gift sets are nearly £50 in the shops again.
I would really recommend this perfume, I have been using for 3 months now and hardly used any.
Thanks for reading.
Product specifics provided by Amazon.co.uk
Summary: Really recommended
More reviews in the field of Perfume & Fragrance
- JOVAN Glandular Secretions for Men
- If I could only wear one perfume for the rest of my life, it would be this one!
- A bit of a blah perfume from lush
- Tuscan Orange Perfume - Summer Is Coming!
- Avon Little Red Dress Eau de Parfum
- "for the tough guy with the big heart"
- A Very Simple and Light Fragrance
- Green-y in a bottle!
- Giorgio Armani Attitude Extreme Eau de Toilette
- Giorgio Armani Code Femme Eau de Toilette
- Giorgio Armani Code Femme Summer Eau Fraiche Eau de Toilette
- Giorgio Armani Code Homme Eau de Toilette
- Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime Cologne
- Di Palomo Orange Blossom Eau de Parfum
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Living Stromboli Pour Homme