Newest Review: ... I tend to use about 3 - 5 squirts (neck, elbows and wrists) - generally sprayed over pulse points, as I have been told this makes the scen... more
Ghost Eau de Toilette
Member Name: kat1234
Ghost Eau de Toilette
Advantages: smells fresh, unique scent
Disadvantages: not for night-wear, doesn't last long
I received a set of 'mini' fragrances for Christmas that contained 5 different perfumes/eau de toilettes. One of those contained within the set was Ghost The Fragrance by Ghost. The bottle was essentially a mini version of the one that you can buy - made of cloudy glass and shaped in the same way - a kind of 'indented' bottle with the sides curving in - meant to mirror a woman's body. A 50ml bottle costs around £25.
I find the scent of this really fresh and original. It is light enough to wear in the day but also good for evening wear, although not as 'dramatic' as I like for a full blown night out. The top notes are Ambrette seeds and rose, middle notes are jasmine, hibiscus and apricot. The base notes are sandalwood, vanilla, musk and amber. I would describe the scent as fresh and floral rather than fruity. I definitely cannot detect the vanilla in this (I am not a fan of vanilla so if this was obvious, it would put me off). The fragrance is very unique and identifiable - you can tell instantly if someone else is wearing this - but it is hard to describe exactly what the scent is. I do not find it to have any one dominant scent, just a unique blend.
For me, the scent does not last as long as I would like. I find that, when first applied, it is quite strong (although, importantly, it is not overbearing or overpowering) but this soon fades into a very delicate fragrance. I usually feel the need to reapply after 3-4 hours though, so a bottle wouldn't last me that long, especially as it's a great everyday perfume. For the price it retails at, this could work out expensive - I usually squirt 3 or 4 times per application to get a decent level of scent.
Overall, this is a really unique scent that I do really like. It has become my favourite scents and the one I now wear most frequently (I have since purchased a full bottle having been impressed with my trial sized version). I do think that it is a scent I may become sick of in time but, for now, it is my scent of choice and, as such, I recommend it highly.
Summary: rather nice!
More reviews in the field of Perfume / Fragrance
- Michael Kors Eau de Parfum: Sweet jasmine heaven
- Lovely sophisticated and expensive smelling perfume
- Fresh floral type fragrance - great for everyday use.
- A Definite Buy! Cheap But Doesn't Smell Cheap
- Very Valentino = very fine perfume
- Love ETC Solid Perfume
- GAGA for FAME!
- Sheer Beauty is a timeless scent with a touch of class
- Ghost Deep Night Eau de Toilette
- Gandini 1896 Maestri Profumier Pomegranate & Incense Eau de Cologne
- Gandini 1896 Maestri Profumier Teak Wood Eau de Cologne
- Jack Black Signature Black Mark Eau de Parfum
- Lee Stafford Pink Eau de Toilette
- La Perla Just Precious Eau de Parfum
- Iceberg Effusion Men Eau de Toilette
- Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Bianca Eau de Toilette