Product Type: Gucci fragrances
Newest Review: ... comes in a tall thin rectangular shaped glass bottle with a silver metal lid and "Gucci Envy" written on the side. It's very clea... more
On the fence with this one
Gucci Envy Eau de Toilette
Member Name: shonsay
Gucci Envy Eau de Toilette
Advantages: Smell lasts
Disadvantages: Can be a bit cloying and powdery smelling
I was given this as a gift in the 30ml size last Xmas and I still have about a quarter of the bottle left. I can't really make up my mind on this one as part of me quite likes it but the other part feels that it's a bit, em, what I would call Mumsy (no offence intended to any Mums out there!). You can pick this up for around £20 per 30ml on sites such as ebay and amazon or in most Superdrug/Semichems.
Gucci Envy comes in a tall thin rectangular shaped glass bottle with a silver metal lid and "Gucci Envy" written on the side. It's very clean, minimal and modern looking - quite attractive actually in a basic sort of way. The perfume inside is a pale yellow colour and it has the basic spray button you'll find on most perfumes.
This is definately a floral perfume from start to finish but I can smell a faint type of essential oil scent to it - like neroli or orange oil - which is why I think I quite like it as I love the aromatherapy style scents. The floral smell is quite strong and punchy and it smells a bit talcom powdery at times I find. This coupled with the slight alcoholly smell upon application are the downsides for me as I think that's what I find to be the slightly dated part of it.
That said, for some reason I still find myself using this stuff! It's not a perfume I would buy for myself at all and once it's finished I'll never use it again unless I get bought it as a surprise gift. For me, it's one of those perfumes you deem not nice enough to wear for nights out or occassions but it'll do for everyday work wear! That's not necessarily a bad thing and it's not an unpleasant smell but it's just not really me.
Summary: Wouldn't buy it myself
More reviews in the field of Perfume / Fragrance
- Mist me up!
- Vanilla orange blossom in a bottle
- Not for delicate perfume lovers
- Discover this
- A pleasant fruity and floral perfume from Avon
- Novelty bottle with charm - shame the perfume does not live up to its descriptio ...
- A cheap perfume that doesn't smell cheap!
- Make yourself feel like a million dollars! (or pounds)
- Burberry Sport Eau de Toilette
- Iceberg Eau Iceberg Eau de Toilette
- Davidoff The Game Eau de Toilette
- Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Eau de Toilette
- Custo Pure Man After Shave Balm
- Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gi= Homme After Shave Balm
- Jean Paul Gaultier Kokorico After Shave Lotion
- Dolce & Gabbana The One Men Sport After Shave