Product Type: Christian Dior fragrances
Newest Review: ... might find this scent too 'heady' however I like it because it is long lasting and you can smell it on your self and other people notice... more
Dior Poison Eau de Toilette
Member Name: freud
Dior Poison Eau de Toilette
Advantages: beautiful bottle, beautiful scent
Disadvantages: none for me
My favourite scent is Chanel no5 but Dior's Poison is my second choice because, in my opinion, it is like nothing else in the world of women's fragrances.
My bottle is as shown in the Dooyoo picture although I have seen different sized EDT bottles with other types of tops so it may well be that the one shown is the 100ml size which costs around £70- £80. Luckily I was bought some a few years ago when we still had good duty-free shops and the smell is just as good now as the day I received it.
It is also available in 30ml and 50ml sizes and can be purchased at places like Debenhams, House of Frazer, Amazon and online perfume stores.
I do not use this very often and keep it stored out of daylight in my bedroom drawer as there is no way I can afford to replace my precious bottle in the foreseeable future! When I DO wear it people have commented on the luxurious smell and asked me what it is or else they have recognised it immediately because Poison is so distinctive. I only use a tiny amount yet it lasts a good few hours and I can still smell it on my clothes for several days afterwards.
I would describe it as being very feminine and suitable for day or evening wear. Although it is often perceived as being only for older women I would dispute this because, in all honesty, I think women of many ages would like the smell because it is so feminine.
Poison is described by Dior as ' heady, mysterious and revolutionary since it's creation' ( in 1985) furthermore Dior states it is a 'weapon of seduction', unsettling, charismatic and unforgettable' - well I'm not sure I would go that far, but it certainly is a sexy scent.
Basically it is a rich blend of fruit, honey, amber and spicy notes which gives the overall impression of an oriental but slightly fruity smell.
- Although I dislike coriander in cooking, it is lovely as the top note in Poison.
- The middle note is tuberose which is an Indian plant which smells of jasmine and fruit.
- Finally, the base note is sweet myrrh and this is the main scent which comes through after about half an hour of using it.
A distinctive, sensual, luxurious EDT which is long lasting and luxurious.
Summary: a lovely distinctive Dior product
- Acqua di Parma Colonia Eau de Cologne
- Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile Eau de Toilette
- Ermenegildo Zegna Zegna Intenso Eau de Toilette
- Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile Eau de Parfum
- Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime Cologne
- Di Palomo Orange Blossom Eau de Parfum
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Living Stromboli Pour Homme