Product Type: Sainsburys fryers
Newest Review: ... and seemed to vary a bit rather than staying constant....not great for those complex Heston Blumenthal recipes. Despite this it still ... more
Deep fry everything!
Sainsbury's SM28A 3L
Member Name: nicholaix
Sainsbury's SM28A 3L
Date: 21/05/12, updated on 22/05/12 (43 review reads)
Advantages: Afforable, Great food.
Disadvantages: That funny lid
Everyone who loves chips needs one of these in the house, I picked this up from sainsburys for £30 which I found to be fairly decent in price.
The fryer is around the size of a small box it fits quite well on my kitchen side, the silver finish looks quite cheap and feels quite fragile when I am cleaning it. The handle on the side is very useful for when you need to pick it up. The back of it has a dial to adapt the heat settings. One downside is the lid can be very fiddling when you take the chips out and it can become annoying taking the food out because the basket tends to get caught. The noise is quite loud so you do have to take care when you cook stuff late at night.
Frozen chips take around 6 minutes, Home-made potato chips take around 10 minutes on the highest setting depending on how full the basket is. To feed my family we normally have to fill two lots up as it is quite small, you tend to fill it with about a bottle of litre and oil does tend to splash over the place when you take it out. You can pretty much deep fry everything in there including chicken nuggets to the one time we attempted a mars bar.
All deep fat fryers need a lot of care, oil can stain and make it very sticky and I would recommend cleaning it after every use. The fryer is easy to take apart to clean each part and the basket can go into a dishwasher.
*Is it worth it?*
I really do believe that £30 for this was a bargain and because of the amount of things it is useful for I would defiantly get my hands on one of these.
Summary: Worth it
|Ease of use:|
More reviews in the field of Deep Fryer
- Not bad but could be better!
- Lightweight fryer
- Creating delicious chips
- I'm frying with air now!
- Tefal Actifry
- Morphy Richards Deep Fat Fryer: Welcome to the cleaning world of hell!
- good for short term
- best ever home fried chips
- Cookworks Compact Fryer- Small but Not Quite Perfectly Formed.
- tefal low fat fryer
- Breville VDF064 Deep Compact Fryer
- Breville VDF059
- Russell Hobbs 18238
- DeLonghi F26237 Traditional Fryer with Total Clean
- Argos Value Range Pro Deep Fat Fryer
- Elgento E17001R 3 Litre Fryer 2000Watts Cool Touch Red
- Elgento E17001C 3 Litre Fryer 2000Watts Cool Touch Cream
- Elgento E17001B 3 Litre Fryer 2000Watts Cool Touch Black
- Elgento E189B 2 Litre Deep Fat Fryer 1200Watts Cool Touch Black
- Elgento E189 2 Litre Deep Fat Fryer 1200Watts Cool Touch