Product Type: Argos gadgets
Newest Review: ... more than this does, to be honest. It consists of the doorbell itself and a receiver that you put somewhere inside where you're going to he... more
Member Name: annav
Argos Value 30m Portable Wireless Doorbell Kit
Advantages: Loud ring, not annoying, hides away, out in all weathers
Disadvantages: Can be intercepted if there are similar products
I live in a flat that is in a big house, and there are about 7 of these doorbells stuck outside next to the front door, and most are this same one!
It comes in two parts, the ringer, which is battery powered and goes in the house, and the button, which can be screwed on the wall or in our case, blue tacked and sellotaped. You also need a battery in the button section. When you press the button it gets sent wirelessly to the ringer which has a simple ding dong electronic doorbell sound. The only trouble is, is that sometimes if a visitor rings a doorbell, it gets intercepted and comes to our ringer, despite it not being the button that was pushed. I often answer the door to the wrong person and my neighbours have the same problem!
If you dont live a block of flats that dont use the same doorbell like this then I can imagine that it works perfectly. Unfortunately, as this door bell came with the flat, I dont really want to pay to replace it, so will have to put up with the door going at the wrong times. Sometimes if Im not expecting anyone I just take the battery out, and then the problem is solved.
It is a plain white colour, not bulky and the button has a softer rubbery touch bit to press. The rest is thick plastic and has been quite hard wearing, with the button outside in all weathers, and it still works! I also have not had to change the battery for 6 months which is a good battery life!
If you dont want to install a traditional bell, or a long drawn out electronic one, then try this!
Summary: It was fine for a freebie
More reviews in the field of Gadget
- Perfect for those dreary winter mornings
- Multi function card tool
- Jamie helps me measure my ingredients with ease.
- Farringdon Cooling Rack - good for the price
- Keeping it cool
- An inexpensive luxury
- Can't use a knock knock joke for this title
- Culinare One Touch Jar Opener: It just works
- Back to new with the John Lewis Clothes shaver
- The lights are on, but nobody's home...
- Hyundai Electric Clothes Dryer
- Canon AS120 Calculator
- Andrew James Electric Teppanyaki Table Grill
- RNIB PenFriend Audio Label Maker
- Jamie Oliver Magnetic Measuring Spoons
- Energizer LED Keyring Torch
- Constant Jumbo Alarm Clock
- Heston Blumenthal Digital Meat Thermometer
- Precision Retro Alarm Clock
- Sonic Bomb