Product Type: Brabantia gadgets
Newest Review: ... two large dishes or three smaller ones at a push. Although these were quite expensive when they were bought at around £25 each and theref... more
A warming touch
Brabantia Food Warmer
Member Name: sympatic
Brabantia Food Warmer
Advantages: Easy to use
Disadvantages: Not cheap
We are hardly massive dinner party hosters but we do have a small group of friends who regularly rotate the responsibility for hosting a dinner party and this is when this food warmer comes into its own. I actually have two of them which I bought second hand from a friend, she sold them to me for £20 the pair even though they had hardly been used, normally they retail around the £30 mark each however she was emigrating and was disposing of lots of posessions.
They are not the most stylish of products, more functional than stylish, they are a stainless steel construction with an aluminium grill, they weigh just over a kilogram each and are 36x19cm in diameter. The handles on either side are designed to stay cool to the touch so these are easy to move even when hot. They house two tea light candles which provide the warmth to the grill, at first I was sceptical that these would provide sufficient heat but I failed to consider the conducting qualities of the aluminium grill. This is very good at keeping food nice and hot and the two combined give a decent enough surface size to meet my needs both at dinner parties and this xmas where we had a full house of guests.
This product does get hot when in use, there is a lever to operate when you want to extinguish the candles so you do not have to try and blow them out through the grill or wait for the candles to burn down which would not be practical.
While these are not cheap they are sturdly made and very simple to both operate and clean if any food does get dropped on to them, a damp cloth is usually all you need to remove any marks although it is a good idea to try and remove any food spills straight away before it burns into the grill.
I struggle to find anything to really complain about with these, useful to have esopecially when entertaining.
Summary: Good product
More reviews in the field of Gadget
- Simple design but a brilliant idea
- Ding Dong, Your Review Is Here
- Super fast window cleaner! Can save you hours of hard work not to mention Naggin ...
- I can prize open metal without even using my hands, can you?
- That's Why I'm Easi (!Yo!)
- Betty keeps all my wine safe for me.
- Saviour on a Hot Day
- 'May It Be A Light For You In Dark Places, When All Other Lights Go Out'
- A tale as old as time
- Silverline 483730 3 LED Extendable Magnetic Torch
- Auriol Photo Wall Clock
- NScessity TiO2 UV Plasma Air Purifier
- Leifheit 81520 Clothes Dryer Pegasus 200
- Lakeland Ravioli Press
- True Utility LockLite Key Torch
- Canon Swordfish 700DC Shredder
- Canon Swordfish 1000XDC Shredder
- Uni-Com Wind-Up Headlamp
- Cook's Essentials Electric Slicer and Grater