Product Type: JML gadgets
Newest Review: ... a hand held cylindrical mill that you often see them use in restaurants for the parmasean cheese. In order to use it you place your food i... more
JML Mini Max Kitchen Mill
Member Name: Whizz11
JML Mini Max Kitchen Mill
Advantages: Good for grating
A kitchen mill makes grating vegetables/cheeses and all sorts of foods in your fridge fun and easy and quite an interesting way to serve them.
The JML kitchen kill is very simple to use. It is basically a grater but in a simpler form which makes it very easy to grate without having to use one of those flat metal ones which is always awkward and ends up catching your fingers time and time again. The mill is a hand held cylindrical mill that you often see them use in restaurants for the parmasean cheese. In order to use it you place your food item into the grater section, press it down with the handle that you hold with one hand to keep the food in place and then turn the handle on the side with your other hand. This gives quite a good steady grip. Now, I though with harder food items as carrot etc that this would be quite hard but no, obviously the blades are so sharp that it cuts through them really well. Of course, I would say cheese is a lot easier to turn and does take less arm muscle but the fact that the handle is doing most of the work for you really helps.
The mill actually comes with two interchangeable cylinders, a big on so you can get large gratings and a smaller one for finer gratings. I use the smaller one to grate things like lemon peel onto a cake I have just made and the bigger one for more of my vegetable items. I eat a lot of salads and to make them interesting I usually grate carrots and cucumber into them to give them a bit of texture and something different. Cheese is really the best thing to use with this grater though as it works wonders for jackets potatoes, pizzas, on top of pasta, etc.
Once you have done grating the machine is very easy to clean, I rinse it out straight away to make sure I get the bits of out the grating mechanism so they don't get stuck and then give it a proper wash later. I think I paid in the £5-£10 region for this good little kitchen invention.
Summary: JML Kitchen Mill
More reviews in the field of Gadget
- Can it!
- Culinare MagiCan Opener - an okay product but a few flaws to remedy!
- Time is of the essence
- Superb, well made, attractive and collectable lighter!
- Fabulous for home businesses/ ebay sellers!
- Wake fresh and alert with sunrise and banish that SAD feeling
- DETTOL No Touch Hand Washing System
- Staple me this, staple me that
- Basically a window vacuum cleaner
- An absolute bargain!
- Silverline 483730 3 LED Extendable Magnetic Torch
- Rolson 61760 9 LED Torch Set
- BreathAid Portable Home Oxygen Concentrator
- NScessity TiO2 UV Plasma Air Purifier
- Lakeland Ravioli Press
- Large Smartie Style Calculator
- Ninja Star Coat Hooks
- Argos Stainless Steel 8 in 1 Ultra Keychain
- Energizer Headlight LED Head Torch
- Hills Paraline Inside-Out Clothes Dryer