Product Type: LED Lenser gadgets
Newest Review: ... not want anything massive. The P7 was an ideal size. I will be honest, I bought this blind. No idea really of the power, the distance, t... more
LED Lenser 8407 P7 Torch
Member Name: JJJJ
LED Lenser 8407 P7 Torch
Date: 01/01/12, updated on 05/01/12 (200 review reads)
Advantages: Excellent build quality, extremely bright, long battery life
Lenser are one of the world's most respected torch manufacturers, producing products that are suitable for both civilian and law enforcement use. Today i'm taking a look at the LED Lenser P7 which is currently available from amazon.co.uk for just over £40.
Design & Appearance
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The torch measures around thirteen centimetres in length, and (although it may be a squeeze) *will* fit into a jacket pocket. The product is comfortable to hold, and has a ridged grip section to prevent slippage. It should be pointed out that the Lenser P7 is an incredibly well built piece of equipment - the body is constructed from an aircraft grade aluminium, and the contacts are made from 24 carat gold. In the hand, the torch feels weighty - but it's not too heavy to carry around for extended periods of time.
Using the Torch
- - - - - - - - - -
The torch is activated via the rubberised button located on its base - one press gives you maximum light, whereas the second press will provide a dimmer mode which will extend the device's battery capacity. Speaking of which, the P7 requires four AAA Batteries which slot into a capsule that screws into the bottom. The batteries (in the low power mode) will provide around 130 hours of continuous use, which is very impressive.
In terms of its output, the torch throws out an impressive 200 lumens - in total darkness it's almost like someone has flipped a switch and turned the sun back on. The beam can be focussed by sliding the end section (closest to the bulb) toward you for a flood setting, or back away from you for a spotlight effect. The light produced is fairly white in colour, and much more similar to daylight than the yellowy glow of many other torches.
- - - - - - - -
Compared to other torches of a similar size that i've used in the past, the P7 is by far the best; the construction is second to none, and the light it produces makes the Maglite look like a single candle - recommended.
Happy New Year!
Summary: High Class Torch
More reviews in the field of Gadget
- Time for some Ironing
- Protect those fingers
- save your money and buy 10 normal fans
- Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Signature model
- The camper light- not much use at home
- Lakeland Stainless Steel Straining Funnel - come strain with me
- Tesco Value Laminator - Cheap and does the job, keep those precious memories saf ...
- Mini Paper Shredder - come shred your personal details away from those identity ...
- Cow find your moo with this torch.......
- Come dip your fruit into my chocolate with this Chocolate foundue set
- Lumie Bodyclock Starter 30
- Kitchen Craft Pig Crumb Novelty Tabletop Vacuum
- WMF Profi Plus Swivel Vegetable Peeler
- Unicom Squeeze Action Wind Up Dog Torch
- Auriol Photo Wall Clock
- Guardsman Handwarmer with 12 Fuel Rods
- Light Cube Colour Changing Alarm Clock with Nature Sounds
- Mr Men Little Miss Sunshine Torch
- Baileys Mini Chocolate Fountain
- Culinare MagiCan Opener