Product Type: Smartcafe gadgets
Newest Review: ... per mug, it comes to about the same price as most novelty mugs these days. However this Smartcafe mug has the added benefit of keeping d... more
Fresh coffee without the fuss
Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Mug
Member Name: InchyInchy
Smartcafe Hot Cafetiere Mug
Advantages: It works well
Disadvantages: The desing isn't the most attractive
Smartcafe Cafetiere Hot Mug
This is a great mug to have around if you want a nicer cup of coffee during a short tea break or without relying on a cafetiere. I use mine on a regular basis and it is great to just throw in your bag and take out with you. I have not only used this in a home or office setting, but I have taken this mug along on camping or hiking trips. Personally, I love a mug of good, hot strong black coffee and with a bit of coffee and a thermos of hot water you can use this with minimal fuss anywhere that you can carry it.
This mug is very easy to use, just add the fresh ground coffee, then hot water, leave it for a moment before plunging the plunger and then add milk or sweeten to desired taste and simply sit back and enjoy. This is easy to clean, just rinse and wash with soapy water after using to keep it in tip top condition.
This is quite a chunky mug to hold and although it isn't the most attractive design its great functionality makes this a great addition to any kitchen. It is also available in a selection of colours, I own the black version, a friend of mine has a snazzier looking red version and I am pretty certain that a grey one is available.
The filter (plunger part) is very good, I have hardly noticed any coffee granules floating around when I am drinking my coffee. Also if like me you love hot coffee then this is one of the best coffee cafetieres of its nature. They people who designed this very cleverly made this mug double walled to keep the coffee hotter for longer.
These mugs typically retail for around £10, but by shopping around a bit these are often available at cheaper prices and I got mine for £8 from John Lewis. I have had and used mine for a while now and it is still working perfectly.
I think that this product deserves a well earned four out of five stars, it is a great, quick and handy way of making a nice cup of coffee from fresh granules rather than relying on good old instant. When it comes that time when mine needs replaced I wouldn't hesitate in rushing out to get another one of these. I would happily recommend this to anyone who is looking for something along these lines, it is a very good idea that has been designed with functionality in mind.
Summary: 4 out of 4
More reviews in the field of Gadget
- USB Mug Warmer
- Casio FX-82 Solar S - Brilliant Scientific Calculator
- A clock with a really clear display!
- Perfect for school, university or about the house
- A simply stunning snowglobe from Disney
- Old, but still worth buying?
- Mini power and mini price
- Warm your hands up, again and again and again...
- Twirl me!
- Don't Be A Sucked In - Don't Buy This Gadget
- Rolson 61744 10 LED Rubber Grip Torch
- Silverline 483730 3 LED Extendable Magnetic Torch
- Rolson 61760 9 LED Torch Set
- BreathAid Portable Home Oxygen Concentrator
- Thirst Extinguisher Waterbottle
- Eddingtons Alligator Onion Chopper
- Logitech Squeezebox Classic
- Kitchen Craft Master Class Kitchen Blowtorch
- Franklin SPQ-109 Collins Spellchecker
- Maglite mini LED torch