Product Type: The Pampered Chef gadgets
Newest Review: ... of indentations that when pressed against a vegetable cause them to be cut in a crinkly fashion. The blade is rounded with a sturdy handle... more
Member Name: Whizz11
The Pampered Chef Crinkle Cutter
Advantages: Makes fun veg
Disadvantages: A bit of a gimmick
The Pampered Chef Crinkle cutter offers you a fun and interesting way to serve your fruit, vegetables and even potatoes. At £11.50 from their catalogue it was not cheap but as my friend was hosting the party and wanted people to buy things from her I decided to go for one of the cheaper things I could find in the catalogue. Actually, I quite fancied this as I wanted to make some nice vegetables for a recent dinner party I was having so home it came with me.
The crinkle cutter is small and has a handle that fits in the palm of your hand. Its got grips on the underneath of it which makes it fit in your hand perfectly so you get a good grip and one that is not going to shift when you are trying to cut through food. The utensil is an all in one so the blade section is attached to the handle at both sides.
I mostly do carrots with this as to be honest that is really the only vegetable you can do properly in my opinion with this tool. If you've been to restaurants where they serve vegetables like this you will note that it is always carrots that come out crinkled. In order to prepare the carrots I wash and peel them and then chop them like you normally would with a knife. I find the best way is to roll this tool over the carrot back and forth holding the carrot tightly in place. This usually helps me get nice uniform chips of carrot.
I also like to do potatoes with these and then fry them to make fun crisp like potatoes.
I would say this tool is probably more of a gimmick and not really something that you need but for a interesting plate of food this tool could be for you.
Summary: Pampered Chef Crinkle Cutter
More reviews in the field of Gadget
- Not Just Any Old Spoon
- Lakeland Stainless Steel Straining Funnel
- Absolute rubbish!
- now a staple in my home for just £1
- A Bright Idea
- Reasonably priced product but a cheap construction!
- ~Draw The Water Out~
- Brilliant torch when you read the instructions
- Frazzled housewife's best friend
- The Karcher Window Vac - a very nifty window cleaner
- Lumie Bodyclock Starter 30
- Kitchen Craft Pig Crumb Novelty Tabletop Vacuum
- WMF Profi Plus Swivel Vegetable Peeler
- Leifheit Varioline M Indoor Clothes Dryer
- Unicom Squeeze Action Wind Up Dog Torch
- Klip Fresh Spaghetti Foodsaver
- BY102 Plug In Wireless Doorbell Kit
- Kitchen Craft Finger Guard
- Tesco Go Cook Y Peeler
- Yolky Egg Separator