Product Type: True Utility gadgets
Newest Review: ... money in half and put it on the clip and roll the note around it. It is fairly small and light and it did state it was waterproof too.. ... more
Cash for those emergency situations
True Utility Cash Stash
Member Name: Thebaker50
True Utility Cash Stash
Advantages: Well made, and useful
Disadvantages: Bit expensive, and steel clip a bit of a letdown
The true ultility cashstash is an interesting device. It is a simple hollow cylinder made out of aircraft grade aluminum, with a screw top, and a rubber O ring at the joint between the top and the bottom. This is attached onto a keychain. Inside the cylinder is a clip.
The aim of this is so that you take say a £10 or something, and fold it in a certain way (instructions on the back of the packet), and thus you can carry extra money with you.
Ok, price? I got mine including delivery for around £5-6. This was back when the thing was pretty new, so I am not sure if you can get it cheaper now (but on ebay there are loads of "rip off" versions for cheaper, I have no idea if these are any good).
Durability? VERY HIGH. I once fell off my bike and onto my keys. Some of my house keys, keychains, etc were totally wrecked. However the aircraft grade aluminum on the cash stash barely got stratched! SOme of you may say how do i know it took any force, well the ring it was attached to completely cleaved in two! ALthough this thing is made out of very thin metal, it is unbelieveably strong. ALso its waterproof (never tested this, but it is certainly never wet on the inside even when in rain, I think this is down to the O ring). Also, unlike other keychain gadgets I have owned previously, it doesn't just dissassemble itself in your pocket when you are busy doing other things.
One thing I would say is that the steel clip inside doesn't feel as well made as the rest of the device, which is a shame. Apart from that I would say that this item is a sort of rolls royce of gadgets.
So is it useful? I have used this on many occasions, from not having enough cash to pay at a restaruant, to loaning friends a tenner, to paying for a cinema ticket and making sure I had cash to get the train home. The orignal reason I got it was so say if someone robbed my wallet, I would still be able to at least just get home without having to worrying about logistics.
I would recommend this, even if it is a bit pricey for what it is, its one of my gadgets which has really stood the test of time.
Summary: Very good buy
More reviews in the field of Gadget
- Bodger and badger love mashed potato!!!!!!
- Hands free hand washing?????
- A lot less dull than the average calculator!
- Hmmm Innovative or just plain rubbish???
- A gadget nobody should be without!
- High Quality for a Good Price
- An older model, yet better!
- Basic Calculator for General House or Office Use
- Personal Laminator For All Your Creative Projects And Office Needs.
- Leatherman Sidekick Multi Tool
- Rolson 61744 10 LED Rubber Grip Torch
- Compucessory Footrest
- Ecosavers Water Drop Eco Shower Timer
- BreathAid Portable Home Oxygen Concentrator
- Trevor Baylis Eco Pro 5 LED Wind Up Torch
- Maglite Solitaire
- Swiss Tool Crystal Manager Lite
- Firebox 13 in 1 Multi Tool Pen
- Masterplug TM24 Mechanical 24 Hour Timer