Product Type: Baby Bio garden chemicals
Newest Review: ... has a pink plastic coating over it and makes it stand out from the regular Baby Bio feed. The Orchid Feed is basically a plant fertil... more
A good feed for your orchid, but a tricky to use...
Baby Bio Orchid Food
Member Name: KatieNeish
Baby Bio Orchid Food
Date: 22/11/11, updated on 05/01/12 (75 review reads)
Advantages: Works well and from a reputable brand.
Disadvantages: The way in which it is packaged makes it difficult to use.
Orchids are very hard things to take care of, and so anything that gives you a helping hand that department is welcome - this is supposed to help promote healthy leaf and plant growth.
This comes in a 175 ml plastic bottle with a wrap around pink label. It has a screw lid, but its a very tricky one to get on and off. It requires a lot of muscle to get it open for the first time, and still after many uses it seems to require more effort than it should. The bottle also seems quite drippy, and so I end up with the outside of the bottle being very sticky, and stains on the surface I put the bottle down on.
When I definitely noticed an improvement in my plant. The only issue I had with it, is similar to that which I had with the regular baby bio, in that its quite tricky to use. You have to mix the feed with the water, and then feed it that way. The amount it tells you to make it up is quite large, is also part of the problem. When you only have one plant, its hard to work out how much of the mixture you should use. What I did was make up the batch, and then I dispensed it into a large spray bottle, which I could then just spray down into the soil. I haven't bought this one again, but I have instead bought the spray version, just to save myself the hassle.
It really costs next to nothing. I bought mine from Notcutts Garden Centre for £3.99, but you can find it cheaper online.
It does help your plant, its good value but its a challenge to use. I love the product, just not in the packaging!
Summary: The product is good, but I would recommend getting it in a different form (ie. a spray).
More reviews in the field of Garden Chemical
- I cleared my path with Pathcleear!
- Miracle Gro Plant Food
- Baby Bionic.
- An easy to use product that makes caring for plants simple and easy.
- A good product, but not the best out there,
- What A Cat's Gotta Do, A Cat's Gotta Do
- How does your garden grow?
- Say your goodbyes, weeds, you don't have long ...
- The Ants Go Marching One By One . . .
- Growing Success Advanced Slug Killer
- Sankey Ecomax Compost Bin 220L
- Miracle-Gro Expand 'n Gro Concentrated Enriched Compost
- Doff SMA00SVR Concentrated Multi-Purpose Feed
- Wilko Seaweed Plant Feed Concentrated
- Wormcity Executive Wormery
- Nippon Ant Killer Liquid
- Wormcity Wormery
- Raid Ant Killer Powder
- Raid Ant and Cockroach Killer