Newest Review: ... around for many years. The rug measures 130cm x 117cm which I would say is average for a picnic rug. It is a red, blue and white check... more
Pick this picnic rug
Draper 42987 Picnic Rug
Author Name: superness11
Draper 42987 Picnic Rug
Advantages: Stores away and easy to carry
Disadvantages: No variety in design
I love picnics and find the idea quite romantic. I like curling up on a nice blanket eating delectable treats and drinking wine with my boyfriend. so long as the weather permits! Recently however, I've been roped into days out with my friends and their children; this isn't quite so relaxing! No matter what the occasion though; I always bring my draper picnic rug.
The company behind the blanket is Draper Tools which is a family-run company that has been selling high-quality products for more than 90 years. All their products are backed by the Draper tools guarantee.
The picnic rug comes in a traditional tartan pattern and measures 130 x 117cm. It would be nice to see more funky designs on the market though. This is a perfect size and comfortably sits four people and plenty of snacks. The rug comes with a pvc backing which is great for when the ground is a little damp because it makes the rug waterproof.
It folds down into a compact 35 x 15 cm and fastens with Velcro. There is a little handle so it is easy to carry around from place to place. To open the rug, simply unhook the Velcro fastener and it folds out to full size. It is just as easy to pack up and all you have to do is roll it up.
After a trip with the children and there are cheese watsits ground into it and various drink spills, I take it home and put it in the washing machine and it comes out as good as new.
Another little tip is that a bottle of red wine folds neatly inside the rug. This acts as a cushion when transporting to prevent the bottle being broken. As we carry our food in a cool bag we do not our bottle of red chilled and this offers the perfect carrying case!
I'm very pleased with my product and bought it for £6.00 from my local supermarket. You can buy it online for a similar price. I would fully recommend it.
Summary: A great purchase for couples and families
More reviews in the field of Garden Furniture
- For our family alfresco dining!
- relax in your garden with a swing
- Come rain or shine we will have our party
- A fantastic moving in present!
- A picnic on the floor!
- Asda six piece patio set, cheap at twice the price!
- Perfect for sitting in the sunshine with a beer.
- A handy little picnic rug!
- Super Swing Seat
- Quick! Summer's Here!
- Azuma Zero Gravity Recliner
- Homebase Classic Sunbed
- Argos Atlantic Patio Furniture Set
- Kingfisher Folding Picnic Table
- Madison Hardwood Patio Furniture Set with Parasol
- Beliani Taly Luxurious Rattan Chair
- Beliani Sylt Rattan Sofa Bed
- Beliani Sylt Lux Rattan Garden Furniture
- Beliani Roma Rattan Garden Lounge
- Beliani Rimini Rattan Garden Lounge