Newest Review: ... local small department store. It cost £49.99. There was different sizes of these, and we got the smallest one. It is still pretty big thoug... more
Member Name: alex-g
I always thought of these things as more just a Garden decoration and not as functonal as they actually are. Looking for ideas to spruce up out Garden we got 1 of these the other year and although it looks nice just standing in the Garden it's good when it is on as well.
We got 1 of these out of a local small department store. It cost £49.99. There was different sizes of these, and we got the smallest one. It is still pretty big though.
These are made out of Cast Iron and like the dooyoo picture shows it is a ball shaped thing which goes thinner as it goes up. There is only the 1 opening on these which is on the bottom bit and the whole thing stands off the ground with Iron legs.
What you do with these is you make a Fire inside them, but putting it into the open part. You can use whatever you want to set on fire. Some people use Wood, which we sometimes do, but you don't want it all to smell like a Bonfire - well I don't anyway. It's a good way to get rid of Garden waste as well. This heats up the inside and you can stand at this and get a heat. The glow from the open part is nice as well. With this being Iron the unit gets pretty hot as well, so be careful where you place this. The good thing about the sort of tapered top part is that the Smoke goes out the top and doesn't blow is all around at the same level as the bottom part.
This makes a great Garden feature as a decoration, and also a nice Fire feature. It will add a bit heat to the outsides.
More reviews in the field of Garden Lighting / Garden Heating
- A fire for your Tribe
- Cheap and cheerful light
- Solar lights in Scotland?
- Rock around the clock!
- COME FLY WITH ME - BUT DON'T SET ME ON FIRE!
- How to flash your neighbours....
- PRETTY LANTERN LIGHTS
- So, Solar lighting is hot nowadays......
- Campfire cooking and no knead bread....
- A folding woodburner? Whatever next!
- Smart Solar Silhouette Stake Light Butterfly & Dragonfly
- Smart Solar Robin On Log Solar Light
- Smart Solar Moroccan Lantern Light String
- Smart Solar Happy Hen Solar Light
- Smart Solar Goldfinch On Log Solar Light
- Rolson 12 LED Working Light
- Robert Dyas Halogen Worklight
- Robert Dyas 20 LED Rechargeable Remote Control Lantern
- Robert Dyas 1W Spotlight & Lantern
- Premier xmas light up pens