Newest Review: ... he rectified this by putting a house brick on the bottom shelf, clearly this took up space and was a negative. Another big problem we... more
Gardman 3 Tier Mini Greenhouse
Member Name: jojo8948
Gardman 3 Tier Mini Greenhouse
Advantages: Helps grow plants, easy to assemble, not expensive
Disadvantages: Can get battered if left out in winter conditions
I have tried various types of these plastic greenhouses and unfortunately non of them have survived winter conditions such as wind.
I got this one about two years ago, when I first started growing my own veg and salad. When I got it, it cost about £20.00. They have come down in price now and they are widely available from a lot of shops and on the internet.
The greenhouse consists of 3 tiers, each tier has a metal grid which hooks on to plastic shelves, which have metal rods which create the sides. They are extremely easy to assemble, and the plastic cover fits over the whole structure with a front that has two zips (one on either side) which creates a flap at the front which can be rolled up and tied with a little green tie to keep it in place.
You can then use these shelves to grow plants and they are especially great for growing things like trays of salads, nothing that gets too high.
The greenhouse if not opened during summer days does get incredibly hot and if you forget to open it, it will kill some of the more temperamental plants, but during the proper summer months I found it better to leave the flap rolled up the whole time.
I found this green house great, when you are using it. When it is full of trays it is very sturdy and extremely useful, but in the winter when I wasn't using it and had removed everything I found it very unstable and it would blow over a lot in the wind, which caused the plastic cover to rip, and I eventually threw it out before the next summer arrived. I think if you have a lack of garden space these are ideal for growing things in.
I also found that the grid like shelves bent very easily, and that meant they kept falling off and and wouldn't go back on properly.
I think these are great little gadgets, and if you put them away for the winter then you will have no problems re-using it, if however you leave it outside during winter, expect it to get a bit battered.
Summary: A good green house.
More reviews in the field of Garden Accessory
- Want a Wildlife Wonderland? Six Port Tower Seed Feeder Will Make it !
- Cheep Cheap ! Birds Luxury Table Feeder
- My Endless Gloves
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In My Garden
- A Very Handy Little Garden Tool if I may say so.
- Head Arch with this one!
- For clothes that smell of outdoors
- helping you to garden more comfortably
- Smart pots at a good price!
- Do YOU need any garage glamour?!
- Phostgn Gazebo Hexagonal 2m x 2m x 2m
- Palm Springs 10' x 30' Party Tent / Marquee with Sides
- Ronseal Decking Stain Rustic Pine
- Ornamental Bird Bath and Table
- Simply Turf Artificial Grass
- Ronseal Decking Cleaner
- Sankey Premier Growarm 300
- Poundland Jute String In Tin
- Apollo Defendamesh Ultimate Crop Protection
- STV The Buzz Honeypot Wasp Trap