Newest Review: ... he rectified this by putting a house brick on the bottom shelf, clearly this took up space and was a negative. Another big problem we... more
mini green house
Gardman 3 Tier Mini Greenhouse
Member Name: jonboyfixit
Gardman 3 Tier Mini Greenhouse
Date: 29/03/11, updated on 29/03/11 (51 review reads)
Advantages: cheap alternative to glass green house.
Disadvantages: A little flimsy needs to be stored away for the winter
As a novice gardener I thought I'd try my hand at starting to grow vegetables from a green house to give them a good start.
As I could not afford a large glass green house I thought this would make an excellent alternative.
The frame consists of metal tubes which you just push together into the plastic connecters and then pull the thick plastic cover over the top of the frame.
This cover took two of us to pull over the top of the frame, but I think it would be possible to do this by yourself if needs be.
Once the cover is in place you then need to tie the ties which are attached to the cover on the inside of the frame. There are guide ropes and metal pegs which attach to the outside cover to hold the shelves in place. As with all pegs you will need a firm ground to push them into.
The green house came with easy straight forward instructions and no tools are needed to put it together. It was very easy to construct taking me around 40 minutes from start to finish. I have placed mine against my fence to keep it out of the wind as I was concerned it might blow over in the strong wind, however, as off yet it has been fine.
The green house itself
The whole green house is light weight and easy to move around the garden. There were wire shelves supplied to put my plastic planting trays onto. The cover is thick and seems to be very strong. The cover has two zips which you can undo, then roll and fasten up with the attached strings, giving you plenty of room.
I kept the instructions and took it down for the winter as I was worried the harsh weather would shorten the life of it.
My wife bought this green house from Amazon it cost her around £20 to £30.
The green house has lasted me one summer and I haven't had any problems yet apart from the shelves which are a little bit flimsy. I am very pleased with it and it has grown some great veggies
Summary: very good buy
More reviews in the field of Garden Accessory
- Who, exactly, are we feeding?
- Feed The Birds In Style
- Hartley -Rolls Royce of Greenhouses -not really
- Don't waste the use of your hand cream with these protective gardening gloves!
- Nice deco for my swing
- Wood you beleive these amazing logs?
- WHEELIE WHEELIE USEFUL......
- My little but too large garden helpers!
- My house and garden helpers
- Poundland Plant Protection Fleece Blanket
- Stewart Essentials Propagator
- Burgon & Ball Sophie Conran Gauntlet Gloves
- Gardman Beach Hut Nest Box
- Millicent Garden Pot
- Simply Turf Artificial Grass
- Westland's Instant Planter Growbags
- Poundland Jute String In Tin
- Apollo Defendamesh Ultimate Crop Protection
- STV The Buzz Honeypot Wasp Trap