Product Type: Betterware garden tools
Newest Review: ... easily spotted in your gardening box or drawer as it stands out and it is approximately 9 inches long in total. There are grooves on the ... more
£1 off if you buy now......
Betterware Weeding Tool
Member Name: freud
Betterware Weeding Tool
Date: 09/08/11, updated on 10/08/11 (85 review reads)
Advantages: easy to use, good price
Disadvantages: not recommended for those who suffer from back problems
Hurry, hurry there is £1 off at the moment if you buy this tool from Betterware online - normally £3.99 - (as of 9th August) but what is it and does it work?
Basically it is a lightweight, L-shaped weeder which claims to 'help make your garden look spic and span'. It is a short-handled garden weeding hand tool which has a bright orange grroved handle and a precision ground steel blade which is well designed yet simple.
It does not come with instructions but I have found there are several ways of using this tool - eg
* when I'm in a bad mood I will 'slice' any high weeds and use it in a scythe-type fashion
* when I am feeling patient and thoughtful I will get on my hands and knees and gently angle it to carefully extract the weeds and pesky grass between the paving stones and BBQ area
* sometimes I will use it on its side to cut stray ivy or tougher weeds first, the get to the roots by using it as shown in the picture
* I have also been known to use this to tease snails and slugs out of our garden onto the pavement
* it is handy to have around the garden for moving dog poo too :)
The tool itself looks as if it will not last long but I've been using ours for 3 years now and it does a fairly good job although I do wish I had bought the long-handled version because you do have to bend over to use it as it is only 22cm in length. The handle is comfortable to grip and it does not slip out of my hand nor does it leave grooves on my palms after a weeding session. I like the colour too - no missing this orange tool amongst the weeds!
Unfortunately though it is no miracle-worker and I have found that no sooner is an area looking weed-free I turn my back and there they are beginning to grow again - roll on winter is all I can say!
* a nifty design
* lightweight to use
* comfy handle
* works well if you have the patience and determination
* environmentally friendly
* good price
* would recommend to those who do not have back problems
* good stress-buster
Summary: I find this a useful tool
More reviews in the field of Garden Tool
- Makita 6203DWAE
- Alan Titchmarsh Ratchet Secateur
- Aldi Ratchet Branch Pruner
- Alan Titchmarsh Ratchet Loppers with Extending Handles
- Spear & Jackson Traditional Border Spade
- Black & Decker Alligator Electric Lopper
- Alan Titchmarsh Hedge Shears with Wavey Blades
- Blue Spot Tools Blue Spot Super Ratchet Secateur
- Greaves&co Fibreglass Felling Axe
- Caldwells 4 Tubular Manure Fork