Product Type: Garmin in GPS Navigation
Newest Review: ... and by the time you get them the traffic is gone! I've used a few sat navs over the years, and this Garmin is the best of them.... more
Show me the way to Amarillo....
Garmin nuvi 2515LT
Member Name: cwigham
Garmin nuvi 2515LT
Advantages: Clear display. Quality directions.
Disadvantages: Iffy updates.
I've been using this Sat Nav for a little while now, its supplied by my work, so I don't own it, but I use it several times a week so I'm well placed to review it.
We all know what Sat Navs do, its very straightforward isn't it? What we need to know is are there any little features that make route finding easier or more enjoyable?
I've done several long journeys using this, as well as many many shorter ones! So its best to dig out the best and worst things about using this machine I've found.
1) General use is a doddle! The screen is clear and the maps move really well. Recalculating a route is fairly swift which is always handy!
2) Voice detection. It works really well, I don't even have to speak in a posh, generic English voice!! Plus it keeps your hands free to, you know, steer the car.
3) "Real directions". A feature which helps you out A LOT if you're in really unfamiliar territory! Instead of using street names all the time, it will recognise local buildings etc and intergrate it in to the directions.
1) Bluetooth connection. A great idea to be able to use your phone hands free, but this Sat Nav does never seem to want to find my phones signal!
2) Traffic updates. They will pop up on the side of the screen warning you about upcoming jams or conjestion. Although I'm yet to actually hit any of this traffic, which leads me to believe the updates are slow and by the time you get them the traffic is gone!
I've used a few sat navs over the years, and this Garmin is the best of them.
Summary: A great sat nav!