* Prices may differ from that shown
Due to the fact that I travel a lot, I can simply not imagine my life without a GPS anymore. I am in favour of the Garmin brand because of their track record. They have been doing this for many years now, unlike Tom-Tom or other popular brands. They also produce a wide range of marine and aviation products which proofs the fact that they know what they are doing.
It is easy to use and I find it more logic and easier to use than Tom-Tom for example. The postcode search is great and the maps are good.
The FM transmitter function is a nice to have but you might grow out of the novelty like I did. I prefer to listen to the radio rather than music interrupted by voice guidance. The quality is good but not perfect due to the FM radio noise from terrestrial interference. Some areas around London got radio signals that are stronger than the GPS FM transmitter signal and cause your radio to switch and ignore your GPS FM signal. The GPS itself is great when you use its internal speakers. It is crystal clear and loud enough. You can still make or receive calls using the internal speaker and microphone configuration.
The voice prompts are excellent and unlike other GPS products, this GPS reads the road names out loud wherever you go as part of the instructions. It will also read your incoming text messages if you have your mobile phone connected via the built-in Bluetooth connectivity.
I suggest getting the bean bag cradle that sits on you vehicles dashboard. It won't slide and is easier to hide or remove than the windscreen suction cup cradle - security tip.
Instructions are very clear and prompt. I can not imagine anyone getting lost with this GPS. In fact the voice prompts are so good that you do not actually have to look at the map display.
The traffic warnings are free through the built-in FM receiver and it is a great help. So far it was very accurate and warned me well in time, you still have to use your own judgement as the data is being transmitted by local authorities and highways agencies. This function is as good as their information.
Why this particular GPS?
1. Does everything you expect from a GPS
2. Comes standard with all the maps for England, Scotland, Ireland, Europe and USA.
3. A handsfree sollution for your car as well, even reads text messages.
4. Have speed camera alerts.
5. In other countries, it warns you when you enter hi-jack hotspot zones.
6. Receives FM traffic updates in order to divert you onto a better route.
7. Have a language translator - Handy to ask a question in a foreign language.
8. Has all the points of interests pre-loaded - like hotels, restaurants, service stations, attractions, hospitals, public transport, historical places etc.
9. It is a MP3 player - Even plays it on your existing car stereo through the FM transmitter.
10. Can read text - This means you can load audio books and it will read it as you drive - handy!
11. Has a built in calculator and currency converter - very handy!
12. Has a JPEG album function - Show all your pictures to friends without waiting to get to a computer - large display.
I know that there are cheaper products, trust me this one is worth the extra money.
Garmin nuvi 670 GPS has got widescreen 4.3", supports Bluetooth and even mp3 player is not missing. The display is really big
with resolution 480x272 16:9 is very comfortable to look at the map. The device is equipped with Bluetoot, so your connection to mobile phone
will work as a handsfree with microphone included and repro. Extremely sensitive reciever allows you to recieve GPS signal in cars with
front window heating, where you normally have to use extern reciever.
it works very well with your car audio. Navigation will offer you for example freq. 91.5FM and you can use it on your radio to hear navigation, MP3 at once
you can add mobile phone if you connect it via Bluetooth.
handsfree works fine - when the mobile phone starts ringing, the navigation switches automaticly to the phone status and you can recieve your call.
If you connect the navigation to the radio it is ok, but if you rely on the in-built repro it is nearly unable to be understood especially when you drive
fast on highway. The connection with mobile phone is fine, all the data from your mobile phone appears on the navigation including