* Prices may differ from that shown
I bought this Satnav back in Nov 2008 and found several problems with it:
1. In 3D mode the sky takes up a third of the screen! If I want to look at the sky I'll look out of the window thank you ... show me roads, that's what I paid for!
2. I have been led down an unacceptable number of wrong turns, even dead ends
3. The electronic voice is impossible to understand on some occasions
4. Every time I go into the device I have to reset it to 3D (it doesn't stay in that mode)
5. The speed limit numbers it gives me are often wrong
6. The menu system is incredibly non-intuitive. I work in computer systems so I'm familiar with technology, but setting a destination is a nightmare on this device
I called the Medion helpline a number of times to get this sorted. They sent me a guide to follow to reinstall the software. I followed it to the letter but the device wouldn't restart. I tried it again and the same thing happened.
Eventually (around Mar/Apr 2009) Medion said they would arrange to have it picked up from my local store.
I then didn't hear anything for weeks so I rang again (around the beginning of May 2009) and coincidentally got the same advisor. He said it hasn't been picked up so he would arrange it. We then had a very surreal conversation where he refused to pick the device up until I gave him the post code of the store! I didn't have the post code but he steadfastly refused to pick it up until I gave it to him. On the basis that Medion supply to the store, I said that Medion should have the full address. Eventually he found a post code and insisted that I confirm it to be the correct one! I had no option but to say yes. Surreal!
I then didn't hear again so I rang to chase on 17th June. The lady said she would get someone to call me straight back.
Unsurprisingly I didn't hear anything so I called again on 19th June and they said that the device hasn't been picked up because they don't have the address!!!!!! Even if that were true, why didn't someone ring me and advise me ... I AM THE CUSTOMER!
They did eventually find an address and arranged to have the device picked up.
I have just rang today and found out that they have sent the repaired device back to my local store 2 weeks ago but didn't bother to tell me!!
I am AGHAST at the level of service from Medion Support, especially since their website has the strapline "Your total satisfaction is our aim"!
I now have NO confidence that the device will be supported if it ever goes wrong again. and I suspect that many of the problems with it will not be resolved
It's been with Medion for so long I have had to buy an alternative.