Bought one of these two months ago and have been using it pretty regularly ever since.
Although it's not a brand I'd heard of, you can get some fantastic prices on this piece of kit (less than £150), which is amazing considering the features.
The main selling points of the unit are:-
- Speed camera warnings, which you can update through connecting the unit to your PC.
- Maps for all European countries included on CD in box.
- Large, high resolution screen.
- Works as a handsfree unit for your phone with bluetooth.
- Can be used as an mp3 player, and photo viewer.
- Route planning is quick, reliable and sensible.
- Route is shown clearly on large screen, and it's quite easy to see what you should be doing next.
- Bluetooth is easy to set up and useful.
- European mapping is a big bonus.
- Speed camera warnings are very clear.
- Can search for local points of interest - eg petrol stations, restaurants.
- Estimated time of arrival is very accurate.
- Unit is not currently compatible with Windows Vista (though apparently Mio is working on this).
- Menus and route planning options can be a little bid fiddley.
- Only one voice (though it is a good, reassuring voice!).
- Occasionally seems to lose signal and gets very confused where you are, without telling you what the problem is.
- Some voice directions can be unclear (eg 'Turn slightly left' can mean anything from carrying on the same road to the left to exiting a motorway).
OVERALL I would thoroughly recommend this unit for anyone looking for a good value but highly-specified sat nav. It will definitely get you from A to B with no problems.
So I needed a sat nav with a speed camera detector and was looking at things like TomTom, Road Angel etc... none of them come close to the Mio for value for money.
This is one of those bargains you stumble upon once in a while, where you realise the big name brands are ripping you off and this one does a lot more functions!
Very easy to use touch screen which is a good size, unlike the Road Angel 6000 where you have to use a stylus! Ugh!
This unit has NEVER taken me the wrong way and has so many built in locations like restaurants, petrol stations, cinemas etc...
From the start you have the whole UK on the unit but also supplied are the (CD) maps for Europe which would also come in handy.
Also this doubles up as a bluetooth hands free kit so no need to look like an idiot with one of those things in your ear! :)
For the computer whizz's out there you can also "hack" into the mio and customize things like layout and menus exactly how you want to look & work!
A few more functions include MP3 player and photo viewer which are pretty useless if you have a normal sound system in your car and the photo viewer I've never even used because it seems pointless - but maybe some people like it?
I will be buying another one of these and I recommend Mio to all of my friends.
Portable. Stylish. Flexible. The Mio C510 offers the latest satellite navigation technology at a surprisingly affordable price.
Small enough to fit in your pocket, the Mitac Mio C510 comes with a big range of useful features that make it an ideal travel companion whether you travel by car, by bike or on foot.