Product Type: Tomtom in GPS Navigation
Newest Review: ... the latest speed cam locations and latest softwate although you have to pay to update maps :( The great thing I found about this devic... more
TomTom Does It Again
TomTom Go 720T
Member Name: surj1
TomTom Go 720T
Advantages: VRT (Voice Recognition Technology), 4.3 inch widescreen & Sleek Design
TomTom is a trustworthy name when it comes to GPS units. I recently bought this and loved it. The TomTom GO 720T is an updated version of the GO 510 which was an amazing GPS unit itself.
The TomTom GO 720T has a comfortable 4.3 inch widescreen and this unit is one of the first GPS systems to have VRT (Voice Recognition Technology). The system records your voice and gives you an answer to your vocal question of your chosen route. You can ask the TomTom to work out your route from point A to B by simply using your voice. The TomTom allows you to choose from a number of pre set voices to guide you through your journey or even your own voice.
The TomTom GO 720T has a new never seen before graphics interface. The look of the maps is sleek and the buildings are in more detail. Set in the TomTom's memory is a list of speed cameras and there positions. Along routes you can save your own addresses, point of interest and make notes along the way which is a good add on. You can also connect your TomTom to your computer which enables you to get the latest updates.
The TomTom includes help menu like all the other models before this. But this model also features a telephone BlueTooth function which lists all nearest hopitals and police stations incase of an emergency.
The design of this unit is slim with aluminium insert which makes it comfortable to touch and very discreet looking. The TomTom GO 720T has some cool functions such as an in-built FM transmitter, MP3 player and photo viewer.
Here is a list of features the TomTom GO 720T has:
- 4.3 inch widescreen 16:9 format LCD (WQVGA: 480*272 pixels)
- 2GB internal flash memory
- CPU 400 MHz, 64MB RAM
- SD card socket compatible with SD and MMC cards
- High sensitivity GPS receiver
- RDS-TMC traffic information receiver
- Integrated FM transmitter
- Optimised integrated microphones and speaker for high quality hands-free function
- Battery lithium-polymer (up to 5 hours operation)
- Map of Western Europe : Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain (+ Canary Islands), Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City.
- Weight: 220 grams
- Dimensions: 118x83x24mm
What you get in the box is:
- Windscreen mount
- DS TMC Traffic Receiver
- Car Charger
- Desk dock
- TomTom HOME software and manual
- Quick Start Guide
Overall I liked this TomTom model design and total functionality. I especially like the excellent Voice recognition function which actually works well. Its excellent technology and piece of mind.
Summary: An Excellent TomTom GPS Unit With Cool Updated Features
More reviews in the field of GPS Sat Nav
- TomTom - slow, large but still simple BEST
- Well worth the money
- My friendly driving companion
- TomTom beats my drum!
- The Street Pilot's Younger sister.
- A simple yet amazing unit
- A good training partner to have
- TomTom, when you need to be there today, not TOMmorrow!
- Before I set out on a Trex I programme this and I'm good to go.
- Show me the way