Newest Review: ... the go, one in black, and one in jungle - which is a grey colour. They are £16.00 each at John Lewis. I use the black mainly at night, I ... more
Expensive, but good quality
Guerlain Eye Liner
Member Name: europe-chick
Guerlain Eye Liner
Advantages: soft, easy to use, bold colours
Disadvantages: cost, no soft pad on the end
I'm an absolute sucker for all lotions, potions, perfumes and make-up, and as such have a absolutely vast amount of all of the above. My husband thinks I'm a bit crazy, but hey he's not a girl!
I have bought and tried many different eye liners over the years, and I normally have a few that I always go back to, the Guerlain eye liner being one of these.
I currently have two of these on the go, one in black, and one in jungle - which is a grey colour. They are £16.00 each at John Lewis. I use the black mainly at night, I use the grey during the day as it is a softer more suitable for the daytime colour.
This is just an eye liner pencil, nothing extra. I think that for the price they could have put a soft pad on the opposite end of the eye liner pencil to blur your line of eye liner with. It's not a problem as I have lots of make up brushes anyway, but as I say for the price I think it should have been added.
These eye liners are brilliant, they work really well at either drawing sharp eye liner pencil lines, or at giving a blurred and blended line as a kohl pencil. They have a really soft and rich texture, they glide very easily over your eyelids, and they do not drag the delicate skin on your eyelids at all.
They seem to be very highly pigmented, as the colour is really bold and striking. They last really well all day or all night, and do not fade or start to run at all.
I find it easy to remove these eye liners with just a gentle sweep of eye make up remover, I find that the eye liner doesn't come off completely if you just use a cleanser.
All in all I find these to be really good quality, yes they are expensive, but I think that the ease of use, the soft kind to your eyes texture, and the staying power definately make these worth the money. I will continue to purchase these.
Summary: Expensive, but good quality
More reviews in the field of Guerlain
- Plump it Up!
- You won't be tangoed!
- Worth investing in as they are good quailty
- Guerlain Defining Serum.....
- Guerlain Issima day Lotion......
- Guerlain Night Cream......
- Extortionate Lip Balm
- Create your sophisticated summer look with Guerlain L'instant Shimmering Body Lo ...
- Luxury Lipstick
- I don't mind hiding behind this mask.
- Guerlain Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder & Blush
- Guerlain Pinceau Powder Brush
- Guerlain Ombre Eclat 4 Shades Eyeshadow
- Guerlain Terra Azzurra Nail Lacquer
- Guerlain Issima Perfect White C Soothing Brightening Mask
- Guerlain Issima Substantific Defining Serum
- Guerlain Issima Substantific Nourishing Day Lotion
- Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Cream
- Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care Eye & Lip Cream