“ Brand: Avon / in 1 Shampoo / Type: Hair Shampoo / Subcategory: Conditioner / Further Category: 2 in 1 Shampoo / What it does: Cleanses, „
I get through quite a large amount of beauty products and always make sure to keep stocked up on the essentials for hair and body care. This Naturals range Mango and Ginger 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner is available exclusively through Avon, I purchased mine through their website avonshop.co.uk as I don't have a local Avon representative to shop with. It comes in two different sizes, either 250ml or 700ml.
Product description: "This 2-in-1 shampoo helps nourish, revitalise and condition hair from root to tip as it removes everyday build-up and styling residue. Leaves hair feeling silky soft and looking healthy."
Recommended directions for use: Wet hair, lather and rinse. Repeat if necessary.
This 2-in-1 hair care product comes in a standard sort of plastic bottle, which is annoyingly not see-through so you can't tell how much of it is left inside. The product itself is a light peachy-orange colour with a slight pearly sheen to it. It is a light gel with a nice smooth consistency which spreads easily throughout my hair and foams up into a rich lather with little agitation required. It is certainly more like a shampoo in appearance, and does not have the thicker, firmer texture of a conditioner. The fragrance to this product is one that I particularly like, as it has a strong sweet mango scent which is lifted with a hint of zingy ginger.
Ordinarily if I was using separate products I would first use shampoo all over and then apply conditioner to the lengths of my hair, avoiding the roots to help prevent it from getting overloaded and becoming greasy. However, in this case I apply the 2-in-1 all over as I would a shampoo, and make sure to massage it in thoroughly before rinsing away. It seems really effective at getting my hair squeaky clean, and even if my hair is particularly oily or heavily styled with products, it still ends up feeling perfectly fresh again afterwards. Once my hair has dried it feels smooth and manageable, and the roots are quite soft. I've recently had a new haircut and got rid of my old split, damaged ends, but I still feel like this product does not provide my hair with enough moisture to keep it in good condition. My ends feel dry and look frizzy if I do not finish off with additional styling. I noted that on the packaging it recommends washing hair twice if needed, and I have tried this with better results. However, it seems to somewhat defeat the point of using a multi-purpose product as it takes just as much time to wash twice with the 2-in1 as it does to wash with shampoo and then apply conditioner. That said, it is quite convenient to use when travelling or going to the gym as you only need to take one bottle with you and it saves carrying extra product bottles around.
Overall I think this is a fairly decent 2-in-1 product. I would not choose to use it on a frequent basis in place of a separate shampoo and conditioner, but it works well when I am short on time and is perfect for freshening up quickly after a workout. I would recommend this for anyone who doesn't require a richly moisturising conditioner.
I originally I bought this as it was half price and I usually buy two in one shampoos as my daughter drives me mad by using so much conditioner.
It is available from your local Avon representative or online and delivered direct to your door. It usually sells for £5 for a 700ml bottle but currently I notice they have it on special for £1.99.
The product comes in a cream bottle with a flip lid styles, it is easy to squeeze and I often store it on the lid if there is only a small amount of the product left without any problems.
The product itself is creamy to the touch and is a light orange colour, and the fragrance isn't too strong and over powering but leaves the hair feeling clean and silky smooth. I find my brush easily glides through the hair and it isn't left too soft the following day that I cant style it. It also leaves my scalp feeling clean and moisturised.
I find this product easy to use as it lathers up just enough to be able to easily work it through the hair easily and work it into the scalp. It is easily washed out and leaves the hair feeling weightless and no residue. The following day the fragrance is easily detectable. I like the fact my hair doesn't get greasy within a few days as I hate having to wash my hair daily.
I would recommend this product as it doesn't seem to have any affect on my daughter eczema either, but that might just be her allergies that don't react. I will continue to buy this product as I have for the last two years I will continue to be a faithful customer, as I love this product so much.
When choosing my shampoo and conditioner I usually just pick what is on offer, so when I saw Avon mango and ginger cleansing 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner for £1 in the catalogue I couldn't resist the bargain. Usually it would cost £2 and also comes in a bigger size of 750ml. When it came it was in a 250ml cream coloured plastic bottle with quite a basic label, nothing fancy but it does the job. It had clear instructions of use and told me exactly what was and what it does. The first thing I did when I got it, as I and most of you do when buying shampoo, was smelt it. It smelt amazing! The sweet, fruity smell of the mango and the spicy smell of the ginger smelt so good together it was almost mouth-watering.
When I used it I put a reasonable amount in my hand and started to rub it in. it was great, it lathered up really well and I didn't need to use a lot which meant it lasted for quite a while. After I had washed and dried my hair (in the morning) I could smell that lovely fruity smell of the shampoo all day, which was great. Unlike other 2 in 1 shampoos I have used in the past, which have left my hair feeling dry, my hair felt nourished and looked lovely and shiny.
The only thing that I can complain about is that the lid was quite stiff to open, but I find that with a lot of the Avon products so I wasn't surprised by this. I honestly thought this product was one of the best shampoos I have used in a long time and would recommend any one to try it, even if you are not a fan of 2 in 1 shampoos.
I picked up a bottle of this from the last Avon book. The fruity and perhaps slightly spicy scent sounded nice to me.
The bottle for this is alright. It is a sturdy plastic bottle and there is a simple label on the front and back. Nothing all that fancy but it is ok. The flip top part is a bit stiff to start off with but after a few goes of this it does loosen off.
As it states this is a 2 in 1 and although I am not a fan of using 2 in 1's as apparently they are not meant to be the best for your Hair I do use 1 now and again. A quick and easy way to clean your Hair.
You can get this in the large bottle - which is 750ml and works out quite economical. I bought the 250ml bottle as I wasn't sure if this would be any good for my Hair. The 250ml normally costs £2 but I got it for £1. Avon is pretty good with offers and most things seem to be on offer every other book. I think the 750ml costs £5 normally but again even this one can be half price now and again.
The scent of this is lovely. I would say that you can smell the Mango more in here than the Ginger which I am glad about as I don't think a heavy Ginger scent would appeal that much to me. The fresh Mango scent seems to linger on your Hair and it is a nice delicate scent.
This is a medium thickness sort of Pearl Cream and this lathers up well on wet hair and a little blob of this goes a long way. This rinses off easily enough and my Hair even feels glossy and soft when this is wet.
After I towel dry my Hair a little and then comb my Hair through my Hair seems to be tangle free and I just let it dry naturally most of the time. When I went to straighten it the next day I felt that my Hair was nice and soft and there seemed to be a good enough sheen to it. My Hair has a tendancy to be a little Frizzy and I feel that it can be dry at times which I assume is down to me Straightening and colouring it but this worked great on my Hair. I think this is more suited to dry hair and although this was a 2 in 1 so I wouldn't assume there would be lots of Conditioner in here my Hair felt soft with just 1 wash of this.
I found this to be a good haircare product and I can see myself buying this again to use now and again.
*** What it is ***
I purchase the larger 750ml bottles of this product when it is on offer, so as well as its shampoo qualities, I'm also reviewing the cost-effectiveness of this larger bottle!
This Avon product is a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner, suitable for all hair types. This product is part of Avon's Naturals range and it offers the essences of mango and ginger whose properties help the product to not only "cleanse and revitalise" your hair, but also to smell pretty darn good too!
The bottle is a sensible design, particularly given that the 750ml bottle's a large one. Heftier around the bottom then tapering in upwards towards the top, the bottle (not me!) then has a flat top so that you can stand it on its top as needed for getting the ends of the bottle out - maximising value and minimising waste! The opening is a flip top and there's a surprisingly small hole through which to squeeze the product onto your hand.
The scent of the product is more mango than ginger, in my opinion, there's a real fruitiness but with just a hint of the warmth of the ginger, both when you smell the bottle and when it goes on your hair.
*** What it does ***
The combination of shampoo and conditioner in this 2in1 seems to work very well - you get the lather that you would want from a shampoo, to give that fresh clean-hair feeling, but you also get a surprising amount of conditioning.
With other brands of 2in1 I have often had to put on additional conditioner in order to be able to get a comb through my hair afterwards and although I don't get that sleek and 'conditioned' hair feeling with this product when I rinse (my hair still feels a bit coarse and tangled to touch) - however, in reality there are few tangles at all and I can comb my hair through without tangles or knots, making this one of the very few 2in1s that do not require additional conditioner for me!
The bottle says that after lathering and rinsing once, you can repeat as required, but I have never had to repeat as one lather session seems more than sufficient (my hair is shoulder-length).
The scent of this product makes it a very pleasant one to shampoo with, but does not necessarily linger much once your hair is dry, if you use a hairdryer. If hair is left to dry naturally, I feel that the scent does last a little longer.
*** What's to love? ***
* This large sized bottle lasts for ages. What's more, this large size is regularly on offer in Avon campaigns and if you can buy it then it is exceptional value for money - literally pennies per use if, like me, you don't need a second lather session and you don't need to add any extra conditioning treatments.
* Remember that smallish hole for squeezing the product through? I love that it's size means that it's virtually impossible to accidentally get too much out, so there's no product waste - ideal for kids if they want to squeeze out their own (although this large bottle might be too much for little hands to hold - see below)!
* As well as there being no waste when pouring, the whole packaging and product image is minimalist - all functional but no frills. Being part of the Avon Naturals range, this adds to the sense of there being less waste environmentally, as well as to your purse. The bottle is recyclable!
*** Quirks and quibbles? ***
* Although I love the large sized bottle from a value perspective, there are times when it is just too much. When the bottle's new, it can actually be quite heavy and bulky to use if you have small hands or weak bones, so although it's a family sized bottle, it might be hard for independently washing children (aka: "I wanna do it myself, mum!") to manage a full bottle. That said, if your child is using the bottle, they are not likely to waste any because of that little pouring hole and the fact that smaller hands can't easily over-squeeze this shampoo out!
* Likewise, although 2in1s are great for those after-swimming quick showers, this large sized bottle isn't exactly easy to cart around in your swimming bag, so if you like the product you'd probably be better off with the smaller sized bottle (250 ml) if you want to it for post-sporting showers!
* Finally, although it has the flat cap for turning upside down when the bottle's nearly done, the fact that the bottle's so much wider around the base (which becomes the top when turned upside down), the bottle becomes not so much top-heavy as bottom-light, meaning that it is very easy to knock over. Of course the flip top opening prevents spills, but it's frustrating to leave the bottle 'draining' and then find that the slightest breeze in the bathroom has knocked the bottle over so you have to start again!
So there we have it, a good all-round buy really! I only buy this large size when it's on offer and I do find it to be excellent value for money that way. It does exactly what is needed, clean and fresh hair and good value for your purse and (to some extent) for the planet too!
THE PRODUCT ~ 'Bad hair day'
The 250ml Naturals Mango & Ginger Cleansing & Balancing 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner comes in an ivory softer plastic container. It has a pretty label on the front with the white lettering of 'Avon Naturals' wording in a darkened fawn colouring preceeding the notation. The rest is written in clear black lettering, with the words 'mango and ginger in fawn. A small strip part image of mango and ginger is located near the bottom of the label with the size ending the comments. The label at the back of the container relates in English and various other languages the product's name and ingredients. Four symbols are located at the bottom indicating the twelve month usage time of keeping the product, recycle etc.,
The product doesn't smell of mango or ginger, but instead, a sweet bubblegum aroma. Although it was disappointing not sensing these two favourite fragrances, the luscious candied smell is gorgeous. The liquid is a beautiful pearly peach shade that feels very delicate and downy on my fingers.
USAGE EXPERIENCE ~ 'Let your hair down'
I entirely soak my hair with warm water, rinsing it for approximately a minute. I only use warm water when washing my hair as hotter water is bad for the hair. I use hair dyes, and hotter water tends to strip my hair of the colourant quicker! It takes a little longer to cover my hair as it is past shoulder length.
1) Next, I pour the shampoo onto the palm of my hand. I normally use a little over a two pence piece in size with other shampoos. But I have made mistakes with this one as it is far too flowing, much like runny custard! With experience, I now tip the container carefully to allow just the same amount I'd generally use. Then I massage the liquid onto my scalp.
2) Using my fingertips I gently massage the shampoo but have learned to avoid mounding my hair on top of my head to wash the scalp, as this causes tangles in my hair.
3) Once I am certain that the hair has been covered well and I have obtained a good lather, around five minutes, I rinse my hair completely, until the water runs out with no more bubbles felt or seen. The shampoo lathers very quickly and well, so a longer rinse is necessary, around six to seven minutes.
When I've been in a hurry and spent less time rinsing, the residue of shampoo left leave a little greasy film. But rewashing at another convenient time dispenses with this negative feature. I used to wash my hair twice over but I really don't find I need to; this shampoo leaves my hair very clean.
4) I used to use to dry my hair with a hairdryer, but as it adversely affects the hair, I simply towel dry but avoid rubbing my hair as it tends to damage my hair, despite any shampoo used! By lightly scrunching and patting my hair, it soon dries enough for me to comb it through and leave. I have straight hair and this method suits the style well. If ever I have a perm, I change the technique! I avoid wringing my wet hair out as hair is fragile and wringing can tear it, as I've noticed more as I've aged...
5) I have an Avon wide toothed comb to use on wet hair. Once I've towel dried my hair, I begin to comb out the knots around the last four inches of my hair; this removes entanglements so that when I begin combing from the scalp, it doesn't drag the snags all the way down. The shampoo seems to leave the hair far smoother thus avoiding the tougher tangles. I find that I only need to wash my hair once every three days using this shampoo.
Between washes, I use a paddle styled brush as this is much more suitable for my straight hair. For the times that I accidently get the shampoo in my eyes. It doesn't sting like some other brands, though still uncomfortable! I simply rinse my eyes underneath the water, trying not to rub as rubbing those gets more in my eyes!
RESULTS ~ 'Hair of the dog'...not with this product!
The ingredients of this mango and ginger shampoo are promised by Avon as 'known for their replenishing and revitalizing benefits'! I will certainly agree that the shampoo does both. My hair feels very soft and silky to the touch. This effect last for around forty-eight hours before my hair begins to feel lank.
The fragrance doesn't last as long as I'd like, about a couple of hours; but the freshness aroma last far longer, a full day. I am very pleased with this shampoo as its quality usage and results stand alongside the more expensive brands of shampoos available. Although it doesn't volumise as much as I'd like, the shampoo does a lovely job at making my hair feel fresh, clean and velvety.
AVAILABILITY ~ 'hare's breath' random eh! :D
I purchased my 250ml bottle from my Avon representative for around £1.50 I think. The Naturals Mango & Ginger Cleansing & Balancing 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner is currently available in a Bonus Size of 750ml is available at a saving of £2.50 at the price of £2.50, which is only 100ml = 33p on the Avon site: http://avonshop.co.uk