“ Brand: John Frieda / Type: Hair Colour / What it does: texturises „
Other shades of the 'John Frieda Luminous Colour Glaze' have been reviewed before in dooyoo, and what I find frustrating is that some people loved it and some hated it. I belong to the 2nd category and I now wonder if the result has to do with the type of one's hair or maybe the colour of the product. My hair is naturally dark brown dyed red, thick, dry, frizzy and wavy. So, I was more than eager to try this product based on the long list of benefits displayed on the package and the John Frieda website (http://www.johnfrieda.co.uk/). I bought it for £6.84 which I thought was a bit expensive.
The product comes in a 190ml white bottle, inside a thin plastic tube with the chosen shade displayed and a long description. What I found clever about the bottle is that the bottom is very uneven, so it stays put on the shower shelving rack.
In short (yes, that's the short version), the product makes some very serious claims to:
* be suitable for all shades of red, for natural, colour-treated or highlighted hair
* be an easy-to-use gel-crème formula: "just shampoo, condition... then glaze!"
* boost shine, give a dose of a high-gloss finish and luxurious red colour and supple texture to faded red hair thanks to "an innovative blend of shine boosters and mild dyes"
* Deliver the results of a salon glazing treatment with a gentle, non-damaging formula which is ammonia and peroxide free
* Will not "lift" or lighten hair colour. Not a permanent hair colour.
* The following claims are written on the package in bold: "blazing shine", "dose of deep red colour", "natural-looking colour", "supple, luxurious texture"
* visibly shiny hair, supple, luxurious texture immediately
* increased shine, touch of glossy colour after 3-5 uses
* blazing shine, increased vibrancy of colour after 6-8 uses
Advisable to start with Radiant Red shampoo and conditioner, then squeeze excess water out of hair and smooth the product through wet hair, distributing evenly from root to tip. Wash hands thoroughly (it does stain!), leave on for *at least* three minutes and rinse well. Use a minimum of three times per week, to achieve your ideal result. Colour results intensify over time.
I used up the whole bottle (that was VERY brave), and I applied it as directed but - fortunately - only once a week. As my hair is currently a light shade of red I worried about the colour intensifying if I applied it too often. The texture was something of a red shimmery runny liquid-gel rather than gel-crème, that made quite a mess in the shower and on me. Quite bad, as it leaves an orange stain behind if not washed off immediately! My hair felt kind of rough and 'squeaky' right after application, which neutralised all the suppleness of my conditioner. When my hair dried out, I did not see any gloss, shine, or suppleness. On the contrary, I agree with those reviewers who described their hair as dull and very dry. The serum I usually apply on them was not enough to make them supple again.
Recharge faded red hair with a dose of deep red color, supple texture and blazing shine